• Advertisement
Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com

Click here to Register

Search

Advertisement

PRC/RS Packing List Questions

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear

PRC/RS Packing List Questions

PostAuthor: MSG_T » November 18th, 2008, 8:55 am

Ok, forgive me for being the out of the loop soldier but i have a question about a few of the items on the packing list:
1. Boots. I have always worn just the normal issue jungle style, now desert, boots. Do I need to buy another type? Someone told me Oakley's, but I have never worn them. Your input?
2. Headlamp, is there a more recommended type I need to look at? I personally have never used one, I always had a small AA flashlight with red lense we used under a poncho for Map and Mission Prep.
3. Gloves? I normally wear blk poly pro liners during the day and i have a blk fleece pair for night.
4. Wrist compass? Never had, is it worth spending the money on?

Just looking for tips and helpful hints on what I might need to add. An yhelp and information appreciated- Thank You.
MSG_T
Embryo

Has Milk Boned: 0 time
Been Milk Boned: 0 time

PostAuthor: Silverback » November 18th, 2008, 8:56 am

RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

PostAuthor: RRDTm3 » November 18th, 2008, 10:11 am

not sure your tactical experience. are you coming to PRC? follow the packing list to a T. There are some comfort items you can utililze that are on the packing list but unless you have been around you may not know. PRC will give more insight into everything including packing list. I recommend the Garmont8 boots, change out the boot laces with 83" laces, if you are going in the winter but a pair of cold weather boots.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
RRDTm3
Ranger

Return to Personal Gear

• Advertisement

copyright credits
Army Ranger Mojo Inc. 501(c)3 a non-profit organization supporting Army Rangers past, present and future.