HALO looks awesome!

Entering the area of operations: Static Line and HALO Airborne Operations
jrotc_cadet

HALO looks awesome!

Post by jrotc_cadet »

I've heard alot about halo jumping it seems like a blast. its weird that you need that big bulky suit and oxygen but it looks so fun. can anyone please tell me about halo jumps. I t doesnt seem sane that people like me would actually wanna jump out of a perfectly sound plane but hey someones gotta do it! :roll:
The_Australian
Embryo

Post by The_Australian »

HALO = High Altitude Low Opening, its used primarily by SF teams to move quickly do the ground and try to minimise radar contact. There is also HAHO, high opening...
The suit and oxygen is there for an important reason cadet, it insulates you and keeps you conscious.
"where none have tried... None have succeeded"
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

HALO is also used by RRD, LRSD, Force Recon, SEALS, CCT and ParaRescue. If I left anyone out, just drop 'em in here.
jrotc_cadet

thanks for the helpful info.

Post by jrotc_cadet »

i cant wait to into military does everyone get to halo or do you have to be sf?
USA1
Ranger

HALO

Post by USA1 »

you have to go to a different school for HALO/HAHO. The army free fall school is where its at. have fun.
jrotc_cadet

man sounds like a blast!

Post by jrotc_cadet »

how long is the school for that?? i want to do it atleast once sure those bulky suits look odd but, do you reach terminal velocity?
thansk for all the helpful info. so far people.. usa1 r you a Army Ranger?
AtxCrybaby

Re: HALO looks awesome!

Post by AtxCrybaby »

[quote. I t doesnt seem sane that people like me would actually wanna jump out of a perfectly sound plane but hey someones gotta do it! :roll:[/quote]

never been on an airforce plane have you?
Bell

Post by Bell »

Rangers have been known to leap out of aircraft at 30,000 feet.

RLTW
Bell
idonov
Ranger

Re: HALO

Post by idonov »

USA1 wrote:you have to go to a different school for HALO/HAHO. The army free fall school is where its at. have fun.
err...i think your kinda wrong there.. same school different name
3/75 2004 - 2007
Recently decided to unpamper my princess-self and join 20th SFG.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

i once busted silk from 28,000 on a haho. absolutely the worst jump ever. i fucking froze my goddamn balls of big time! be careful what you wish for cherry!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Return to “Airborne Operations”