HALO?

Entering the area of operations: Static Line and HALO Airborne Operations
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Horned Toad wrote:
Also whom the fuck but a leg calls a 1st SGT a top?
Good fucking point!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Geez, why does rambofrog jump in my mind?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Lugnuttz
Ranger

Post by Lugnuttz »

[quote= Also whom the fuck but a leg calls a 1st SGT a top?[/quote]

No fucking shit. I still don't get that whole "top" bullshit.
HHC 3/75 BN Commo 01-04
RGR Class 03-03
Spartan

Re: regarding HALO/HAHO shcool

Post by Spartan »

specoperator wrote:First not every Ranger get's the opportunity to attend HALO school. Lets face it , within the SOCOM infrastructure the Ranger's are most CONVENTIONAL of all the spec-ops arsenal. With that in mind, the expense and time of sending all Ranger's to HALO school simply doesnt make good use of their time. However, if u want to attend HALO, then be part of a Combat Search and Rescue, LRRP, etc. Simply keep on the TOPS ass that u want to expand ur skill set and then keep applying. Since I have attended HALO, and advanced freefall school, pls dont hesitate to send me a reply with any questions.
Personally, I'd really like the opportunity to serve as an LRRP cause I know they were all HALO qualified, :roll: right Steadfast and Slowpoke? Steadfast, can you wind the calendar back about 35 years for me so I can serve as an LRRP in your unit?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

wonder twins powers, ACTIVATE!!! :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

h8train1/75 wrote:
specoperator wrote:The reason that all the ur getting is bull shit rhetoric about ur questions regarding HALOor HAHO school, is because it seems everyone in here like to be a smart ass, and has no couth about generally answering questions regarding Ranger training. And, they havent attended HALO or HAHO school, so they dont have and answer for u.

First not every Ranger get's the opportunity to attend HALO school. Lets face it , within the SOCOM infrastructure the Ranger's are most CONVENTIONAL of all the spec-ops arsenal. With that in mind, the expense and time of sending all Ranger's to HALO school simply doesnt make good use of their time. However, if u want to attend HALO, then be part of a Combat Search and Rescue, LRRP, etc. Simply keep on the TOPS ass that u want to expand ur skill set and then keep applying. Since I have attended HALO, and advanced freefall school, pls dont hesitate to send me a reply with any questions.

[/b]
Excuse me Sir, are you HALO? I bet your a Navy SEAL aren't you? You are so cool. Or some faggot PJ or CCT. Either way FUCK OFF! :evil:
What's up hate? You didn't enjoy the company of the long hair sweater wearing AF guys that did JCT with us? :twisted:
Looon
Ranger

Re: Bloodshed

Post by Looon »

DoorGunner wrote:
Ted Kennedy was a seall I think! He spent a lot of time in the water trying to save people.
Now that is funny!!!! :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

DoorGunner wrote:God, there is more bloodshed here then I saw in the war...................

You guys are hurtin my feelins with this leg stuff.

Ted Kennedy was a seall I think! He spent a lot of time in the water trying to save people.
Yeah, I am sure he passed out more than once and his head was often in the toilet bowl as he bobbed for little round turds thinking they were olives from his martini.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Spartan wrote:
specoperator wrote:First not every Ranger get's the opportunity to attend HALO school. Lets face it , within the SOCOM infrastructure the Ranger's are most CONVENTIONAL of all the spec-ops arsenal. With that in mind, the expense and time of sending all Ranger's to HALO school simply doesnt make good use of their time. However, if u want to attend HALO, then be part of a Combat Search and Rescue, LRRP, etc. Simply keep on the TOPS ass that u want to expand ur skill set and then keep applying. Since I have attended HALO, and advanced freefall school, pls dont hesitate to send me a reply with any questions.
Personally, I'd really like the opportunity to serve as an LRRP cause I know they were all HALO qualified, :roll: right Steadfast and Slowpoke? Steadfast, can you wind the calendar back about 35 years for me so I can serve as an LRRP in your unit?
Spartan, The 1st thing you gotta do is carry me around on your back piggy back style. You gotta be able to walk or slow trot 7 miles like this. If you drop me. You ain't gonna be a LRRP and you ain't gonna learn the good shit from me. Simple because this guy got his facts all wrong. No LRRP's in my unit were Halo qualified unless they qualified before they got to our unit. Flush this jerk for handing out the wrong information Administrator.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

DoorGunner wrote:God, there is more bloodshed here then I saw in the war...................

You guys are hurtin my feelins with this leg stuff.

DoorGunner,

We hate to hurt anyone's feelings aroundf here...believe it or not, we value everyone's military service, *even* if that service was as a leg. :wink:

I see you have 3 posts, but for some reason I can only see two.......Can you do us a favor and do an intro? Thanks!
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

SpoogeOperator wrote:The reason that all the ur getting is bull shit rhetoric about ur questions regarding HALOor HAHO school, is because it seems everyone in here like to be a smart ass, and has no couth about generally answering questions regarding Ranger training. And, they havent attended HALO or HAHO school, so they dont have and answer for u.

[/b]

I went to HALO IN 93. check your facts on HAHO school, you are way off bud.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Spartan wrote:
Back in the "Olden Days" the only people that went to HALO School were SF. The closest I ever got was getting Steerable Canopy qualified when I was in the 82nd. They were still pretty new and you had to know somebody to get that much. NO HALO>
I would have been proud to have you or any of the Rangers here back then. I think you guys would have really liked it too. A little different than the Batt Life (more insane), but a lot of fun. When people ask me what it was like I tell them, it was like the "girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead".....when it was good, it was very, very good, and when it was bad, it was horrid.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “Airborne Operations”