160th SOAR

Moving in and around an area of operations. Helicopters, Bikes, RSOVs, Zodiac's, etc...
DSVet
US Army Veteran

160th SOAR

Post by DSVet »

I've written a novel about the 160th SOAR. The title is Night Stalkers. I wrote it under a pen name, Michael Hawke.

It is available now for pre-order from Amazon.com. I'd love to have to opinions and feedback of Rangers and others who have worked with the 160th SOAR.

You can see the book's cover by going to my website, www.kevinstjarre.com , and clicking on "Books."

It will be in bookstores in January 2005.

Take care of yourselves. Listen to your leaders, rely on your training, and you'll be alright.

Best,
KS
RgrHunter
Ranger

Please

Post by RgrHunter »

I would like to see more info on the book. I worked with the planning cells of TF for awhile and am very interested in seeing what you have to write. As for tonight, I'm unable to access the website via the shortcut you provided. I hope that you did the Nightstalker community as well as the Ranger community good as you developed and published your work.

I will be looking for this Title through my family members that work at Borders and attempt to promote it as I do the Ranger book.

I sincerlly hope that you remembered your largest 'customers' as you produced the text for your book. I'll be dissapointed if you didn't.
Rgr Hunter
Bco/HHC 1/75-'97-'03
Random Intensity
RLTW
DSVet
US Army Veteran

Rangers are remembered

Post by DSVet »

The book is available at Borders and other bookstores and I appreciate anything you can do to get the word out.

I tried very hard to honor the "customers." In the first book, the only customers are Delta and Rangers. Of course, the series is primarily about the 160th SOAR, but in my opinion, the Rangers come off as very heroic in the book.

I hope you were finally able to access the website.

Best,
DSVet
DSVet
US Army Veteran

Post by DSVet »

Desert Sloth wrote:How do we know that you are really Michael Hawke? :wink:
This is an awesome question. I guess you don't. You could go to these websites:

http://www.kevinstjarre.com

or

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/kstjarre

but maybe I just created those? Tell you what . . . ask me questions about Book #2. Night Stalkers: Coercion only comes out in July 2005. I'll answer them, you buy the book, and then decide for yourself!
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Thanks for stopping in.
I'll definetely read your book.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Great book Kevin! Got it at Borders about a month ago (Feb.) & read the whole thing in 2 sittings. (I'm a Security Officer who only works weekends so it filled in the time between patrols very nicely!)
I can heartily endorse this one.
Glenn
DSVet
US Army Veteran

Post by DSVet »

Glenn, MSG Ret. wrote:Great book Kevin! Got it at Borders about a month ago (Feb.) & read the whole thing in 2 sittings. (I'm a Security Officer who only works weekends so it filled in the time between patrols very nicely!)
I can heartily endorse this one.
Glenn
Hey! Glad to hear it. I think you are the first military vet I've heard back from on the book. There isn't even a book review yet on Amazon.com. I really appreciate the feedback. If guys like you, with your experience, liked it, that's great to hear. Thanks.
joepilot
Ranger

Post by joepilot »

I am not doubting the skill and professionalism of the night stalkers of the past, but in a/stan none of the "customers" wanted to work with them. They were stuck up and wanted days to plan a mission and did nothing during the day. They were a bunch of pre madonnas...but hey thats one persons account
C co 1/75 98-01
RGR class 07-99
Never Leave Batt......Never
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

joepilot wrote:I am not doubting the skill and professionalism of the night stalkers of the past, but in a/stan none of the "customers" wanted to work with them. They were stuck up and wanted days to plan a mission and did nothing during the day. They were a bunch of pre madonnas...but hey thats one persons account
No, I've heard and seen it on a few occasions myself. You're pretty right on with your post. However, I'm going to give it up to their pilots. Those guys can FLY. It's the enlisted guys that sport the biggest attitudes.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “Ranger Transportation”