c-130's

Moving in and around an area of operations. Helicopters, Bikes, RSOVs, Zodiac's, etc...
Dud
Tadpole

c-130's

Post by Dud »

Rangers of the board,
I am looking for information regarding the pilots who flew during your drops from c-130's. My best friend has an aviation degree from the University of Oklahoma and has been trying to get into the military as a C-130 pilot. Like myself, she's had a hard time getting the job she wants. She wrote me 35 times in Basic and was one of three friends to support my decision to enlist. I owe her big time and want to help.

I was wondering if the pilots who flew the 130's during your drops belonged to an aviation wing within the Army, or were with the Air Force. I have searched the Army webpage and everything relating to aviation only dealt with helicopters. Does the Army have a fixed-wing branch? My former recruiter is currently searching for information as well, but I thought I might try the minds here at ArmyRanger.

I apologize for posting a question that is not specifically Ranger related but ya'll seem to know everything about the Army and figured this was my best shot. I also don't know if this is the appropriate forum, but seemed to follow the same guidelines. I'll keep searching of course, but if any information comes to mind, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the time Rangers,

Dud
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."
Bell

Post by Bell »

Try the Mississippi Air National Guard. They flew us all the time.

RLTW
Bell
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

She has an interview with the Texas Air National Guard this coming Friday. It will be her second attempt but theres absolutely no guarantee she'll be selected. I was hoping the Active Army might have an MOS available specifically for c-130 pilots that she could qualify for (believe me, she would) and have sealed in a contract. From what I've seen, the Active Army only seems to employ rotary aircraft and the air national guard covers all fixed wing operations. I could be wrong, but that seems to be the pattern. Either way, I appreciate the response Ranger Bell and will go through the channels there and find out what I can. Thanks for the time,

Dud
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Dud wrote:She has an interview with the Texas Air National Guard this coming Friday. It will be her second attempt but theres absolutely no guarantee she'll be selected. I was hoping the Active Army might have an MOS available specifically for c-130 pilots that she could qualify for (believe me, she would) and have sealed in a contract. From what I've seen, the Active Army only seems to employ rotary aircraft and the air national guard covers all fixed wing operations. I could be wrong, but that seems to be the pattern. Either way, I appreciate the response Ranger Bell and will go through the channels there and find out what I can. Thanks for the time,

Dud
Air Force fly the c-130's except for Air National Guard. The rule is pretty much that the army has no fixed wing.

Ranger2
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

Thanks Ranger Ranger2,
That's what I had gathered but it's good to have it confirmed. At least now I know to concentrate my efforts elsewhere.

Dud
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The Army has a very small number of fixed wing assets. I would tell you what they use them for but then I'd have to kill you. :lol:
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

Ahhh,
Gonna have to pass then on the info Ranger Spartan. If I'm going to die getting some intel, I'd prefer it to be over a woman with long hair, longer legs, and large breasts. No disrespect intended, but you don't fit the bill on that one Ranger Spartan. 8)

Dud

Return to “Ranger Transportation”