what is the rangers most reliable source of transportation?

Moving in and around an area of operations. Helicopters, Bikes, RSOVs, Zodiac's, etc...
jrotc_cadet

what is the rangers most reliable source of transportation?

Post by jrotc_cadet »

do the rangers use those dune buggies with the .50 cals on top? they look pretty bad. i heard their fast too. whats the most common type of transport for rangers? i also like the zodiacs that they use like the seaL's?
thanks,
kenny
Spartan

Re: what is the rangers most reliable source of transportati

Post by Spartan »

jrotc_cadet wrote:do the rangers use those dune buggies with the .50 cals on top? they look pretty bad. i heard their fast too. whats the most common type of transport for rangers? i also like the zodiacs that they use like the seaL's?
thanks,
kenny
No dune buggies. They have these really cool leather, nylon and rubber transport systems that are so important to getting around that each Ranger brings two with him on every mission.

The Zodiacs used by Rangers are just like the SEALs. They're both inflatable and made by the same company, called, uh - oh yes, Zodiac.
jrotc_cadet

you talking about the self propelled one?

Post by jrotc_cadet »

thanks for the information. i didnt know the same company made the seals zodiacs as made the rangers ones.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

The most reliable and most commonly used method of transportation for any Ranger is a little jewel called bi-pedal motion.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

This is all true, but rumor is that future Rangers will be using a militarized Segway complete with ATV tires, modified suspension system so you can jump attached to the vehicle, camo paint job (factory), and a GPS system. These units alledgedly travel, depending on terrain, at appx. 12-15 mph with a 400 lb load. See the civilian version at:

http://www.segway.com/shop/amazon.html

Caveat Emptor
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

No better way to strike fear into the hearts of America's enemies than with a Segway.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

This is probably an OPSEC violation for showing this, but here's a pic of the latest high-tech mode of Hooah Transportation to be used in Operation PeeWee:
RLTW
EP[/img]
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

EarthPig2/75 wrote:This is probably an OPSEC violation for showing this, but here's a pic of the latest high-tech mode of Hooah Transportation to be used in Operation PeeWee:
[/img]
Imageahh your killin me EP.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

That image is so small I can't tell what the hell it is.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

No worries Ranger Neves. That system is a little out dated anyway. This will be the next best type of Hooah Transportation.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Negative - the solotrek was cancelled in favor of the Skycar for quick and sneaky infiltrations into the target area.
Looon
Ranger

transpo

Post by Looon »

FIRST OF ALL, EARTHPIG, YOUR KILLING ME ALSO. I LIKE YOUR SPEC. OPS. BIKE. :wink:

AND FOR THE WANNABE: YOU MIGHT AS WELL START DATING YOUR JUNGLE BOOTS IF YOUR ASS MAKES IT THERE!

RANGERS DO, AND WILL ALWAYS LEAD THE WAY!!!!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Ranger2

Re: LPC

Post by Ranger2 »

S.Plavney wrote:I still prefer the canvas, green type, non-clogging panama sole jungle. Never fails, never runs out of gas, no batteries, 1 knot and it's secure, re-sole-able, always looks good with whatever your wearing.......still have 4 pairs I use in the yard and for hunting and range days
The only reliabe mode of transportation. I still have 3 pairs too. Plus a brand new never been worn pair of Matterhorns. Who ever wore them? They were kind of like the field jacket. Nice to hang in your closet or put in a duffle bag.

Ranger2

Return to “Ranger Transportation”