Introduction - J

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jduclos4
USAF

Introduction - J

Post by jduclos4 »

HI, my name is J, for privacy. I am a SSgt in the USAF, active duty. (I didn't know whether to post here because I am not a future soldier or a civilian, but I didn't want to get yelled at for posting in the other intro!) My boyfriend (please don't use the word "boyfriend" against me - we have been living together for almost 3 years - just haven't needed to get married yet) started Ranger School (he is Army Guard, did 4 1/2 yrs active, got out, then went guard) on Sunday, class 004. He went through RTAC (I think?) right before that. It was a two week course ran by the ANG. I have been reading forums on this site for about 2 weeks now, enough to know the blueberry pancakes during Mountain phase are amazing and french toast during FL phase are also amazing. Finally decided to become a member because I have some specific questions...some about communication, some about the tough parts of training, and graduation of course - and I have read posts where the most replies are "that subject has been talked about way too much on here already, look for one of those posts.." However, all the ones I can find are from years ago, and I am sure some things have changed. Looking to connect with some recent grads that wouldn't mind giving me some information. Thanks for reading my intro and any info, and thanks for volunteering as Rangers as I have a HUGE amount of respect for anyone who volunteers to put themselves through hell and serve in that capacity for our country.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - J

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here SSgt & thank you for your service to our country.

I moved your post to the proper forum, no ones going to be yelling at a SSgt except maybe a General & I'm pretty sure we do not have one as a member here.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, SSgt.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867