Intro- Proudmom1025

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

proudmom1025
Egg

Intro- Proudmom1025

Post by proudmom1025 »

Hello All,
Just wading in to your world to get a proper education. By way of an intro, I am a very proud Mom who's youngest is just now going throug Pre-RASP. My father was a life time Air Force man and our older boy spent 8 years in the Army in the Chemical Corp. Curious about a couple things. First: My son is a slow but steady PT'r. He's scored 290 on his test. Great on everything but fast running. How critical is that? Will a slow speed negatively impact his success? Secondly, I have been told that soldiers only get deployed once a year. Is that true of Rangers or do they just get deployed depending on the need?
Thanks for all your Service and providing this resource !
ProudMom1025
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro- Proudmom1025

Post by Jim »

Welcome Proudmom.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Proudmom.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here Ma'am.

Thank you & your son for his service & your sacrifice to our country.

Small problem Ma'am, this is the forum for Ranger Parents & Ranger Wives & where you will graduate to when your son passes RASP. I'll let your intro stand here until we hear the good news with your many sit-reps (situation reports < - your son"s progress).
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome ma'am.

As for run speed, it may or may not be an issue, that will depend on his particular Instructors and what they see in him, or the class as a whole. If they look soft, they'll run them harder to see who's going to quit.

If they get pissed off and bring a smoke session, they may run the class in sub 6minute miles just to make a point.

When I was younger we ran squad PT (small group) with no cadence (more air intake) and the standard was 6min miles for 5miles, sometimes faster for a gut check, anything farther and it'd be about 7min miles.

More importantly I believe will be his ability to be a good Ranger Buddy, to never quit, don't whine when everything hurts, and don't fall out and start walking. Push until you drop, puke or shit, wipe it off and push farther.

As far as deployments, we don't discuss that here for OpSec (Operational Security) reasons. Lives depend on it and the enemy is everywhere.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
proudmom1025
Egg

Post by proudmom1025 »

Thank you for all your responses and please forgive me for being over-eager Mom. Just very proud of my boys even though my youngest has just started this process. When he gets his Tan Beret (because he is a Closer), I will be back. All my love and deeply appreciate your service! Until then, I will just read and be amazed at what you do and did.

Return to “Introduction Archive”