FNG Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

mnhunter
US Army Veteran

FNG Intro

Post by mnhunter »

Hey everyone, Not gonna lie I only found this sight because I want to find out if some asshole really was a Ranger like he claims, But once here found out this place is pretty sweet. Anyways, I did my 6 years in the reserves from 01 to 07. Spent a little time active in there too, hung out in Iraq for a year. Nothing real impressive but there is still nothing I'm prouder of(well besides my family I guess). Wish I could have been a Ranger, really wanted to go all out when I signed up. I got to MEPS smoked the ASVAP then after the physical they told me I was color blind. I knew this already but my garbage recruiter made it sound like that wouldn't matter. The 212 ways to be a soldier campaign quickly became 12, I'm REALLY color blind. I wasn't going to go active duty with one of those shit jobs but I felt a need to serve so I switched to the reserves. I graduated basic on Sep 13, 2001 and knew I made the right choice in still signing up. My reasons for getting out is a whole another story for another day. As you can tell by my handle I love to hunt, and I have a free standing offer to take any fellow vet out hunting here in MN. I have access to a fair amount of land(we farm) with some great hunting. Anyone interested send me a message. Thanks for having me here.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: FNG Intro

Post by Jim »

Welcome...

Please tell us more.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, MNHunter.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
mnhunter
US Army Veteran

Post by mnhunter »

Ranger Jim asked me to tell you all more so here it is.

Well the guy who I think is a poser is a giant pain in the ass. We were friends for a while but you know how it goes with someone who lies all the time, at first they seem cool but the more time passes the more you realize they are full of shit. I've caught the guy in so many lies I don't talk to him anymore. I know he was in the military, I just question where the truth turns to trash. Supposedly he went to OSUT when he was 16. This may have been possible way back, but I'm pretty sure not in 96/97 when he was that age. I don't remember most of his stories cause I tuned him out when I quit believing them. If he is a true Ranger, he does a very poor job of representing. I've been around enough to know that when people run their mouth and talk big it is usually BS, at least in the military. He claims he's killed over 150 people, many of them with his bare hands. Says he has been in pretty much every country that ends in 'stan. He has no paperwork to prove anything. He got a other than honorable discharge after breaking his back in a car accident. The story is before he left he got called to the C.O.'s office and shredded all his paperwork in front of him so there is no record of anything he did. Also claimed to have graduated S.E.R.E. school too. I don't want to put his name out there in a public forum but anyone who could check him out send me a PM and I'll tell you his info.

The other story which is probly what Ranger Jim meant is why I got out of the Army. I came home from Iraq with quite a sour taste in my mouth. I love the military and don't want to bad mouth it, but it lacks the discipline and organization that should be there. At first I just thought that maybe it was just my unit, but while in country we worked with a lot of different units both active and reserve. Made me realize this was widespread. One example is we were supposed to take a Blackhawk to another FOB to do some train the trainer important stuff and lost our bird last minute so some big shot could go for a tour. The main other thing that drove me nuts was people getting promoted just cause they had been there forever. I had to many incompetent NCOICs. Frankly, I think they don't kick enough people out anymore. I really wish I wasn't color blind and could have gotten into a more Elite unit where this wouldn't had been a problem. I really enjoyed working with the Marines as they were always squared away and disciplined(sure ill catch hell for saying that). When my contract was up I felt like I had done my duty, so I got out.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Understand your frustration. What unit did you serve in?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
mnhunter
US Army Veteran

Post by mnhunter »

I got activated and transferred to the 379th ENG BN for my deployment. We were a HHD unit so a lot of brass. We operated the Mine & Explosive Ordinance Coordination Center (MEOCC) at C-7 under 420th ENG Brigade.
mnhunter
US Army Veteran

Post by mnhunter »

Otherwise my normal reserve unit was 461st ENG Co.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Got it. Are you comfortable?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
mnhunter
US Army Veteran

Post by mnhunter »

Not sure what you mean there Ranger Jim, comfortable with what?
mnhunter
US Army Veteran

Post by mnhunter »

Western edge, kind of by Morris. He it's no buddy of mine anymore, more of a blue falcon.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I would say he is a worthless POS, who is not worth your time and trouble. If he got an other than honorable discharge...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
mnhunter
US Army Veteran

Post by mnhunter »

I know he's not worth my time and i would avoid him completely if i could, but he works with my wife. He is a giant pain in the ass for her too. It's actually gotten so bad she is considering quitting and going somewhere else.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

mnhunter wrote:I know he's not worth my time and i would avoid him completely if i could, but he works with my wife. He is a giant pain in the ass for her too. It's actually gotten so bad she is considering quitting and going somewhere else.
who is his boss? He sounds like a person who should be fired for being a liar.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introduction Archive”