Parent Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

dlkke
Embryo

Parent Intro

Post by dlkke »

Hello Rangers,

First I want to thank all of you for your service and self sacrifice in defending this great nation and its inhabitants. We will never be able to thank you enough. I also would like to thank you for this awesome website and allowing us to research and learn more about the military and answering so many questions we parents have about our Soldiers.

My son told us about this site about a year and a half ago when he told us about his plans for the future. He told us he wanted to join the Army to be a Ranger to serve with the best. This started the parental emotional rollercoaster that we now know so well. We have seen him go from a young man to a very mature young man in a years time. He started OSUT in January and graduated in April. He then went right to Airborne in Late April and graduated in May. He went to Pre RASP right after that until he started RASP in the middle of August. He graduated RASP the first week of October and was assigned to 3rd Battalion. He was originally assigned to 2 nd Battalion but there was another Ranger that asked if he could switch with someone that was assigned 2nd because he was from that area. Luckily he was told that he would be trading with the young man and he was assigned 3rd Batt. which is only a 12 hour drive from home instead of a 30 hour drive. The wife and I are very proud to say the least and are looking forward to learning more of being a Ranger parent.

Thank you again Rangers and may God bless!! RLTW!

dlkke
Dad of current 3/75 Ranger
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Parent Intro

Post by Jim »

Welcome and thank you for raising a Ranger who earned his place in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Lunch wrote:Welcome to the site and thank you and your wife for your outstanding parenting.

What they said.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70