Possible poser run of the mill but different

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

marinegunny
Egg

Possible poser run of the mill but different

Post by marinegunny »

Hello, my name is Rich, i am a marine veteran of 12 years. Got out with the rank of gunnery sergeant so most people call me gunny. I have a possible poser people would say hes your typical run of the mill but hes different. He doesnt profit from claiming vet status but his story throws up alot of red flags. Heres the backstory. I go to a small 2 year tech college and i first encountered him through simple conversation. He stated that he served as a ranger medic from 92-00. He said he was 3rd Bat, involved in Task Force Ranger and Kosovo. Now this is were it gets good, he then tells me he was attached to a search and rescue unit attached to 20th SFG. Last time i checked 20th has always been a reserve unit. I have pretty descent knowledge of the army with two cousins who are army, one who is a ranger. I asked him if he collected benefits and says no then proceeds to give me the story of why. Apparently, while in Bosnia his fireteam got hit by Serbs and lost a few so he goes off the deep end and goes to the brothel were they are located and shoots everyone up. Story gets better, he claims he was brought up on war crimes by the U.S. Army and before the tribunal, his attorney and yes a one star struck a deal with the judges and got him off. The Army told him to get out and never come back. I have never heard of this happening so what do you guys think? Messed up vet or absolute fake. Plus, anyone who served with 3rd Bat between 92-00 messege me your input would be helpful.
RgrDoc0310
Ranger

Re: Possible poser run of the mill but different

Post by RgrDoc0310 »

shoot me a PM with his name....i was the medic on Super 66. You send me the name of the medic and I could tell you if he was a medic in B Co 3/75 at that time. And I was B CO Senior medic at that time.
B Co & HHC, 3/75 RGR REGT
1991-1994
Task Force Ranger 1993

ALWAYS REMEMBER
COMMON SENSE, ISN'T....
FRIENDLY FIRE, ISN'T....
INCOMING FIRE HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

RgrDoc0310 wrote:shoot me a PM with his name....i was the medic on Super 66. You send me the name of the medic and I could tell you if he was a medic in B Co 3/75 at that time. And I was B CO Senior medic at that time.
Doesn't get any better than that..

BTW, welcome and thanks for your service Devil-Dog!
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here to ArmyRanger.com Gunny.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

And we didn't serve in Bosnia.

And the war crimes? Really? You think the Corps would run it that way?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
marinegunny
Egg

Post by marinegunny »

Sleepy Doc and Steadfast, thank you very much. KW Driver, LOL he wasnt in my Corps. If he was he would be sitting at Leavenworth right now. With him being a "ranger medic" (no disrespect) I didnt think the Army would roll that way.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Yeah, the dude that roid raged through the ville outside his COP? He's gunna get free room and board for the rest of his life, once it's all said and done.

Every one of the "kill team" members? They all got hooked up too.

Do us a favor and capitalize Ranger when you type it. If we can uphold that standard for ourselves, we'd like others here to as well. Please and thank you.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
marinegunny
Egg

Post by marinegunny »

They all are gonna get whats coming to them. Captializing Ranger will be noted. We marines hold ourselves to very high standards so will oblige.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Gunny, the dude is full of shit. I got the name from RgrDoc.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Bravo57 wrote:Gunny, the dude is full of shit. I got the name from RgrDoc.
The gold standard.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”