Introduction: Never Quit

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

elgecko
Ranger

Re: Introduction: Never Quit

Post by elgecko »

Roger Ranger cams.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
Never Quit
Embryo

Post by Never Quit »

75 pu
82 sit
12:55 2 mile
12 pull ups
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Never Quit wrote:75 pu
82 sit
12 pull ups
Its about time you addressed all Rangers properly. You are not starting a post spouting off to the world for answers, you are speaking to Rangers. We could learn by your actions to ignore you or you could go back and re-read elgecko's pm to you for the proper response. I do not want an apology, but to see you addressing all Rangers properly each & every time. The day you can stop is the day your graduate RASP.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Never Quit wrote:75 pu
82 sit
12 pull ups
All right, Never Quit, you now have established your PT baseline. Continue to work on it as your enlistment time grows closer. Have you read the FAQa, etc? What are you doing to narrow your choice of MOS? Are you using the search feature to answer your questions? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

He has not been around since 3 March 2013.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Ranger Jim, I acknowledge your post. "Never Quit" has chapped my ass a tad, and as you know, when I itch I must scratch. The following remarks are for Never to read if and when he re-visits this thread.

Never: My first impression of you was a tad positive. My brother is a career firefighter, and I understand the challenges associated with finding your place in any firefighting community. That said, it's possible. I know it's possible because I watched said brother, who was not the sharpest knife in the drawer at your age, make it possible. As you continued to exchange with the Rangers on this board, my opinion of you began to diminish.

The type of man who throws the towel in on his life dream is.... drumroll.... the type of man who throws the towel in on his life dream. If you seek balm for your sore ego, Ranger Regiment is not the place to find it. If you go there with an ego or a chip on your shoulder you will undoubtedly meet men ten times better than you are who will chew you up and remain humble while doing it. If you are unfortunate, you will meet men who are ten times better than you who will chew you up while graphically illustrating their frustration with you in concise and unfriendly terms.

If you are serious about being a Ranger put your money where your mouth is. Join the 5 Mentees thread, demonstrate excellence there, and don't attempt to be familiar with any of the Rangers on this board. You have unwittingly irritated some real-life heros in a short period of time. You may be a big shot where you come from, but we don't know you here, and there are a hundred more wating in line for you to move out of their way. You're not the first wannabe who made an unfavorable first impression, so don't get emotional about this message. Prove yourself in training and become a Ranger, or don't waste our time.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...

Return to “Introduction Archive”