Introduction-Michael

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

MichaelS
Ranger

Introduction-Michael

Post by MichaelS »

Good morning Rangers,
My name is Michael, I am high school senior from Florida who entered DEP on 20130117. I enlisted with the MOS 13F and I was fortunate enough to secure an Option 40. I'm extremely passionate about history, the fact that all these events are more than just a story in our textbooks and that people actually lived through these time periods and events fascinated me. Military history fascinated me more than any other. I love our great nation so I've studied our history intensely from the Barbary Wars to Vietnam and Panama and Grenada. When I began to research our military confrontation with Panama, I was introduced the valiant acts carried out by the 75th Ranger Regiment. As I read more and more, I realized I want to be a part of the legendary Ranger Regiment. I began speaking with the recruiter in November of 2012 and I got the usual "No option 40s available, volunteer in BCT/AIT" and I respectfully listened to the recruiters attempt to dissuade me from my dream and politely told them "I am willing to wait as long as it takes until I get an option 40 contract." Come January and my recruiter informs me multiple Option 40s have entered the system and he reserved a 13F contract for me. I went down to MEPS a week later and entered DEP. I have a ship date of 20130716
I have already administered a self PT test and my results are as follow:
PU- 84
SU-67
2MR- 14:33

My PT scores are no very impressive at this moment but I've started to PT everyday with my AJROTC Fitness Team and in the Future Soldier program so I've seen much improvement from my first PT test.
I won't be posting very much, just reading and learning so thank you for listening, thank you for your service to our wonderful nation, and thank you for your time Rangers.
A Co, 3/75.
elgecko
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Michael

Post by elgecko »

PM inbound, MichaelS.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome MichaelS. If yu truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who passed through armyranger.com on their life journey. Most of the questions you may raise have been addressed. The search feature, is located on the top right of this page. We have some of the finest 13F FISTERS in the world on the site. Begin your journey by reading all the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You posted a PT score, please treat it as a baseline to build upon. Please provide us with more insights about yourself and why you want to be a Ranger. I included a link that discusses 13F duties. Never, never quit!

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/ ... alist.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, MichaelS.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

MichaelS

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here MichaelS.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

Thank you for the welcome, Ranger Jim, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, Ranger Steadfast, and Ranger ManchuV.

Ranger Jim, I've been interested in enlisting in the military since I was in junior high school. I've grown to appreciate our country and the our ideology of freedom, liberty, and the guarantee of human rights for all. I've always wanted to serve on the front lines against the enemies of the United States and as we all know, Rangers lead the way. The thought of donning a tan beret and the Ranger scroll motivates me to perform my best in all aspects of my life, as Rangers are expected to train and perform harder than any other soldier and that is why I am I've dreamed of becoming a U.S. Army Airborne Ranger.
A Co, 3/75.

Return to “Introduction Archive”