Introduction - Jcball12

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jcball12
Egg

Introduction - Jcball12

Post by jcball12 »

Hello Rangers and future soldiers,

My name is Will, and I am 18 years old and a high school senior. I am not yet a future soldier, but want nothing more than to be in the Army and eventually become a Ranger. I understand that this is a goal that most people will not succeed at, but I will do whatever it takes to see this through. I don't know any Rangers personally, so I appreciate the opportunity to come to this site and learn from people who have been through it all (and then some). I am currently preparing to be a scholarship cadet at IU ROTC next fall, but I have also considered forgoing college for a few years and enlisting with a 21B, 13F, or 11x contract with an option 40 at the end of the summer, if that is available. I've also considered just getting a degree without the ROTC contract and then enlisting after I graduate. Either way, I just want to keep as many options open as possible but the final goal is to be a Ranger. Obviously, the these paths are very different and will probably require different things from me (but nothing short of the best if I want to join the Regiment). While this is ultimately a personal decision, I would really appreciate any guidance or advice that anyone has about either option. Rangers, thank you for all that you do.

Will
Civilian
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Jcball12

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Will.

R LTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
elgecko
Ranger

Post by elgecko »

PM inbound, jcball12.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
jcball12
Egg

Post by jcball12 »

Thank you, Ranger Manchu and Ranger Charlie.
Civilian
jcball12
Egg

Post by jcball12 »

jcball12 wrote:Thank you, Ranger Manchu and Ranger Charlie.
This post should read: Thank you, Ranger ManchuV and Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV.
Civilian
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here Jcball12.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome Will. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Most questions have been addressed. Use the search feature, located on the top right of this page. The search feature is your friend. In my case, I worked for my uncle at his chicken hatchery until I joined the Army (signature line has career highlights) was a Staff Sergeant who went to OCS. Led three platoons, two companies and a battalion. Retired in my 30th year of service and spent 16 years as a defence contractor. Retired last year. Lots of options -- but I can tell you what worked for me.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”