David's Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jomax
Egg

David's Introduction

Post by Jomax »

First, I would like to thank all Rangers for their service and especially those who gave their life so we can be free, without men like you the world we live in would be chaos.

First off I'm 18 and live in Arizona, I have my GED (Home schooled), no college. I've been wanting to join the military since i was 15. I first found out about Rangers when I became friends with one, since that day I wanted to be one. Hope to learn a lot from you guys, and looking forward to meeting some of you one day.

I do have a question for you guys, how do recruiters look at having a GED? I stopped high school at 11th grade(Family business was in need of help), so i took my GED( passed with flying colors). Hope to hear from you! Thanks
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: David's Introduction

Post by Jim »

David,
It is my understanding that if you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you must be a HS graduate or a GED with 60 semester hours of college level work. You need to confirm that with a recruiter. Use this link to see more:

http://www.goarmy.com/ranger.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jomax
Egg

Post by Jomax »

Thanks for the link Jim, I will do whatever is required, I'll be sure to reply back once I see what is needed. Thanks again.
Jomax
Egg

Post by Jomax »

Ranger Lunch, please understand I did not mean to be disrespectful to anyone, I understand Ranger Jim isn't my buddy, nor any of you. I'm still learning, and I hope my two posts didn't screw up the chance of joining the Rangers someday.

Ranger Jim, I apologize for disrespecting you by not referring to you by Ranger Jim. That was not my intent.
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Jomax, if you have a GED and want Option 40 you will need to complete 15 semester hours of college first. All 15 hours must be 100 level or above. The credits can be in any subject. After you have 15 semester hours you will be treated just like a high school graduate.

PerryB
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

PerryB wrote:Jomax, if you have a GED and want Option 40 you will need to complete 15 semester hours of college first. All 15 hours must be 100 level or above. The credits can be in any subject. After you have 15 semester hours you will be treated just like a high school graduate.

PerryB
Thanks for the update. Somewhere I got the idea you needed more than one semester.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”