Introduction-Joel

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Texas_stud
Embryo

Introduction-Joel

Post by Texas_stud »

Hello guests and Rangers,

My names is Joel i am 19 years old and i live in Texas. My AFQT score is 64 and GT score is 111, I want a chance to prove myself and to train with the U.S Army Rangers. I respect what they do and how they train and i want to commit and turn my life around "Run with the Wolves". I want to do something that is meaningful and i want to make a difference and i really think that the Ranger Regiment will allow me to hit my potential. I have found it very hard to complete the last step to joining the Army, getting a 68w option 40 contract. When i told my recruiter thats what i want to do he got MAD!! :oops: I guess he tought i was just going to go to the needs of the Army :lol: . After numerous attempts to get me to go different routes and attempts from the different recruiters in that office to talk to me one on one to do the same, He finally handed me back my High school diploma and Birth certificate and told me to hit the road because it isnt going to happen. He even said "I will give you my paycheck if you get an option 40!" :mrgreen: Not really sure what to do now, maybe someone can help me collect his paycheck? Ill split it with you!!! :lol:

Push ups: 71
Sit ups :80
2 mile: 11 min.
5'9 150 lbs.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Joel

Post by Jim »

Joel, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression, You ard doing well enough. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. I see you are searching for answers; most questions have been addressed. The search feature, located at the top right of this page is your friend. Educate yourself by reading the FAQs, stickies and selected threads. You still need some work on your PT, but at least you know your baseline. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

Thank you Ranger Jim.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Texas_stud wrote:Thank you Ranger Jim.
Once you get your OP40, you need to contact Ranger Goldcoast and become one of his mentees.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

Ranger Jim
Ok, Im going to keep trying. Im not sure exactly how im going to make this happen but im going to keep trying.
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

I guess i kind of do know.
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

Ranger Zonk 1/75,
I live in Dallas sir and thank you.
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

I have read so many people’s posts on here that all just want a chance to EARN a spot in the 75th Ranger Regiment but just can’t seem to get the opportunity it is so frustrating. I have gone to a second recruiter today who has given me the same speech saying “You can’t just go to a company and demand to be the CEO, you got to work your way up!” I am not asking to be CEO Sir I am simply asking for a CHANCE to be a Ranger! “I am here to get you in the Army son not to meet your demands; it’s not going to happen.” Well I appreciate you checking the system today I will be back again to see you. “Not me maybe someone else will check for you but I’m not having this conversation with you again.” I just can’t believe this, good thing I live in Dallas with plenty more recruiters. Never quit.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Texas_stud wrote:I have read so many people’s posts on here that all just want a chance to EARN a spot in the 75th Ranger Regiment but just can’t seem to get the opportunity it is so frustrating. I have gone to a second recruiter today who has given me the same speech saying “You can’t just go to a company and demand to be the CEO, you got to work your way up!” I am not asking to be CEO Sir I am simply asking for a CHANCE to be a Ranger! “I am here to get you in the Army son not to meet your demands; it’s not going to happen.” Well I appreciate you checking the system today I will be back again to see you. “Not me maybe someone else will check for you but I’m not having this conversation with you again.” I just can’t believe this, good thing I live in Dallas with plenty more recruiters. Never quit.
Earn this. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Joel, I am just floored that your recruiters in Dallas are just shit bags. I work at the Houston meps and I am pretty sure that kind of bullshit doesn't happen down here. I just don't get it at all. The recruiting mission is small and the Dallas battalion is usually very successful. If you have family near Houston come on down here and i will make sure you get a option 40 contract. We recruit from Lufkin and all the way down south toward Victoria. As others have said on this board never give up on your goals.

Also you do not have to have the recruiters check the system before you go to the meps. You can go to the meps without a temporary mos reservation. Or if they do reserve you a mos you can at the meps simply tell this counselor you changed your mind and no longer want what your recruiter reserved. The counselor can cancel the temporary reservation and look for other options including a option 40.

Perryb
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Introduction-Joel

Post by KW Driver »

Congrats on meeting your first two leg fucks. That's what much of the Regular Army is like, but there are plenty of professionals too, as Perry demonstrated.

Stop back in and get their business cards if you don't have them already. You can stick 'em later once you sign an Opt 40.

Don't settle for anything less than your goals. Ever.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

Thank you Rangers for the support, I will be sure to go back and do that once all of this is behind me.
PerryB, I just returned from my brother’s house in Houston. I will most definitely go back there if you can help me get an option 40. This is great news maybe we should message each other.
california
Ranger

Post by california »

Texas_stud,
I understand exactly what you are going through. When I started my enlistment process I was told there was no way in hell I was going to be able to reserve an Opt 40 contract. I went to meps without any options available and went through the whole process and at the end I sat down with the army counselor and he said the same thing my recruiters said "we dont have any opt 40's available" so I said "thank you and have a nice day I'll be going home now" and he very politly said he would check again and sure enough their was an opening. If you really want it, get it...dont give up and you will get it.
good luck and you have my best wishes
Drew
C-Co 2/75
Texas_stud
Embryo

Post by Texas_stud »

Hey everyone, i just wanna say that i really tried to get the contract that i wanted but i guess the military can afford to be picky now and days. I also tried to be a Corpsman in the Navy and they said that is the contract that is most commonly asked for and that they are looking for some one who wants to join the Navy and not have a specific job so i walked and they let me. After trying and trying to join i just couldn't bare the thought of not joining the Military so i actually ended up joining the Marines under a Infantry contract :twisted: and leave April 15. I can just imagine some of your faces right now but i hope there is no hard feelings and God bless.

Return to “Introduction Archive”