Introduction - Justin

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jtd
Egg

Introduction - Justin

Post by jtd »

I'm Justin,

I am junior from New York City. I have a huge drive to be a part of the Army Rangers. Although I have been looking forward to joining the Army for a while, becoming a Ranger has been my goal ever since two years ago, when I started researching about ROTC and the Army. I have changed my mind about college and feel that an 11x opt. 40 contract is exactly what I want. I have a strong love for my country, especially after experiencing 9/11.

I go to a private high school, where everyone in the class is expected to go to college. I have had to explain myself countless times, and it is sometimes difficult when people do not understand you. Next year, senior year, I am sure I will be getting a lot of crap from my school about my decision, but I feel that it is my path. I wrestle at my school and have done alright. I came back strong this year after breaking my collarbone during preseason.

I wanted to say thank you to all the Rangers here because the information here is very helpful to me. I have been doing a lot of reading and wanted to begin training now, but I have entered my first problem. I have a bunion on my left foot and I am now very worried about this keeping me from joining the Rangers at all. What can I do? I am only 16, almost 17, so hopefully surgery is an option. I am very upset right now because I do not want a bump on my foot to hold me back from my goal. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Justin

Post by Jim »

Justin, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, so good. Talk to your doctor about the bunion. Please self -administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. If you really want to earn a pladce in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introduction - Justin

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Justin.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
jtd
Egg

Post by jtd »

Thanks Rangers,

13:00 2 mile run (tread mill)
56 Push ups
68 sit ups
18 pull ups chin facing me
jtd
Egg

Post by jtd »

I recently turned 17, I am getting bunion surgery on my left foot on Friday (it turned into a painful one after wrestling a few months with a hole in my shoe). I assume my posted scores will be a lot worse once I heal (about 3-6 weeks), so I will try to evaluate myself once I am able. I am very afraid that this foot problem will prevent me from obtaining an opt. 40 contract and have been thinking about it non-stop.

Although nobody has posted since I posted my scores I figured I would update my status anyways.

-Justin
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

jtd wrote:Although nobody has posted since I posted my scores I figured I would update my status anyways.
Thanks for the update. Any surgery takes time to heal. You have plenty of time, concentrate onyour studies and obtaining your Option 40 contract.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
jtd
Egg

Post by jtd »

First time on a while. I will post pt scores in a few weeks once wrestling season is over. My foot has healed great and is working without any pain. My dad and I will be going to a recruiter soon to discuss getting a opt. 40 contract. Just wanted to give an update.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Keep working and earn your place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introduction Archive”