Introduction: Jonlip

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Molon-Labe
Egg

Introduction: Jonlip

Post by Molon-Labe »

Hello Rangers.

I've been registered with this site for a while, but have had little time to send SITREPs. Now that I have some time on my hands, I will keep everyone updated.

I battled for the option 40 contract and didn't sign untill I got it. It's amazing what happens when you tell the recruiter you won't sign unless it what you want. Things just magicaly appear on his laptop.

My MOS is 11b, so of course I went to OSUT. IT was a breeze. The first three weeks were a little disheartening due to the fact of the incredible amounts of douchebags that were allowed to slip through. But it was fun none the less.

Airborne was just as easy. Like many have said before me, I looked up and saw the other jumpers and realized " I'm getting paid to jump out a plane, awesome." We had a record number of DQ's during the entry PT test. But I just stuck with my brothers and made the best I could of it.

The day the RIP cadre picked us up I can honestly say I was nervous. The tan berets just made me want the scroll even more. Right now I am in RIP hold due to a medical condition. But I am just using it to my advantage. We get PT'ed two times a day in the GA heat and humidity. Which for a big dude like me, sucks. But it is what it is.

I will keep everyone updated on my status, and my eventual graduation to the 75th.
"The probability that we may fall in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just; it shall not deter me." Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Introduction Archive”