Big Green Egg

This forum is the place to share you favorite recipes.
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Big Green Egg

Post by CatFish Driver »

LINK

Anyone on here using one of these? It's a combo grill/smoker than you can cook almost anything on. It uses natural lump charcoal for fuel. I am currently smoking a pork butt for the first time on it, and I cooked some burgers the other day with it that came out amazing. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to grill/BBQ often.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Big Green Egg

Post by RangerX »

I have made retarded good ribs on one, and I managed to turn out a pretty decent steak even though I was drunk as hell.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Big Green Egg

Post by KW Driver »

I've heard nothing bad at all about em. Once you learn how to run a temp you like/want
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

That pork shoulder came out ridiculously good. Their website that I posted the link to has a forum on there with endless recipes for all types of meat, fish, appetizers, desserts, etc. I give it two thumbs up and plan to start cooking on it almost exclusively.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

My former boss has one...does what it says...keeps perfect temp all night long...amazing device...food is always off the chain good.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90

Return to “Ranger Culinary University”