froglube

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: froglube

Post by colt1rgr »

It says the creator is a former SEAL, so my question is, "shouldn't it be called SQUID lube?" :?
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

colt1rgr wrote:It says the creator is a former SEAL, so my question is, "shouldn't it be called SQUID lube?" :?
Means we can rest assured it works as hair gel, we just can't be sure about cleaning and lubing a weapon! :roll:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I thought this thread was going to be about having sex with a Frenchman! :shock:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

On a serious side DEC, for those of us who go blow through some rounds at the range, I don't see how much difference it will make what lube we use as long as we use it. I know of one decorated Ranger who used WD-40 in Afghanistan and that shit ain't even gun lube, but evidently it worked.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

FrogLube ROCKS! go to tacticalsanta.com put in ArmyRanger.com and your call sign in the comments (with froglube) and if your a vetted Ranger all you will pay is cost + shipping. If your just an ArmyRanger.com member you will receive a 15% discount. The site is undergoing a massive makeover so bare with us.

DEC, SEAL CPT Larry L was behind it, SEAL ML just endorses it. PM me and I will send you a small sample, In fact the first 5 Rangers that send me a PM I will send a sample (larger one) to you if you cover the shipping in a donation to this site.
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Does it prevent STDs or unwanted pregnancies?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

RangerX wrote:Does it prevent STDs or unwanted pregnancies?
....and what about the sex with a Frenchman??????
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Sounds good..... BUT it would almost have to blow me while cleaning me weapon to out do MILTEC. That shit is the BOMB! Best I have used, especially in the box and they were very kind to send me a case of the shit when I emailed them and asked if they could send me some to "try out" at my rather , shall we say "austere location" :wink: But HEY, I will give anything a fair shot if it makes us better.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
EAT III
Ranger

Post by EAT III »

colt1rgr wrote:Sounds good..... BUT it would almost have to blow me while cleaning me weapon to out do MILTEC. That shit is the BOMB! Best I have used, especially in the box and they were very kind to send me a case of the shit when I emailed them and asked if they could send me some to "try out" at my rather , shall we say "austere location" :wink: But HEY, I will give anything a fair shot if it makes us better.
I need the location for it to BLOW you :mrgreen:
RLTW!
A/1/75 86-88
RS 10-86
612th (AD)(Heavy Drop) 83-86
Lrsd 25th ID 88-90
151Inf Det (LRS)(ABN) current
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Having issues lately with Froglube gumming up weapons.

Am I using too much or does it just not like cold weather?

Happened to 2 other guys I know around here. Very sluggish action on pulling the slide or charging handles.

I use the liquid form, heat my parts with the gf's hair drier, apply what would seem a normal to liberal amount and let sit for an hour, then wipe all parts down pretty well with microfiber rags.

Runs perfect if used soon enough, but if not fired and stored in cold vehicles for any length of time it's no good. Has to be completely removed and I've recently switched back to just regular gun oils due to this.

Anyone else?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

cams wrote:Having issues lately with Froglube gumming up weapons.

Happened to 2 other guys I know around here. Very sluggish action on pulling the slide or charging handles.

I use the liquid form, heat my parts with the gf's hair drier, apply what would seem a normal to liberal amount and let sit for an hour, then wipe all parts down pretty well with microfiber rags.

Runs perfect if used soon enough, but if not fired and stored in cold vehicles for any length of time it's no good. Has to be completely removed and I've recently switched back to just regular gun oils due to this.

Anyone else?
Never used so can't comment but the fact that tacticalsanta.com no longer carries make speak volumes. They now offer Gun Butter which is rated to -20 degrees.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

al_2ndWolfhounds wrote:
cams wrote:Having issues lately with Froglube gumming up weapons.

Anyone else?
Never used so can't comment but the fact that tacticalsanta.com no longer carries make speak volumes. They now offer Gun Butter which is rated to -20 degrees.
I've stopped using it and for now sticking with good ole fashioned oil and a clean weapon. Still curious if this was a localized issue due to very cold weather or if it's become a problem for others in diff climates. Thank you for posting your reply, I don't think I'll be trying any more gimmicky lubricants unless it's strictly a range weapon.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Absolute rubbish. I didn't hear a lot of feedback on cold weather use or just junk in general so I did my own test, lubed up an AR using Froglube exactly the way instructions stated. Except this time I kept this weapon indoors all winter, never exposed it to cold for even an hour.

Springtime rolled around and I took it to the range to finish the test. Chambered a round, press, click, nothing.

Make sure it chambered, press, click, nothing. Charging handle-eject a round and start over.

I cycled this way for 6 separate rounds and three diff mags just to be fair. Primer was dented but did not fire.

Pulled the BCG and checked rings and field test for compression. Opened it up and removed the firing pin, which promptly stuck to my fingers like melted bubble gum.

This rubbish had gummed up the BCG so badly that the firing pin could not strike with enough force to fire the rounds.

Broke it down and stripped it all, cleaned it up and used some Breakfree and tried again and it fired perfectly.

Froglube meets nearest trash can. Never again. I don't care how many people say it works fine for them, this stuff is dangerous.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Weapons of War”