froglube

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
RangerX
Ranger

Re: froglube

Post by RangerX »

FWIW, all of the competitive shooters I know ditched this stuff pretty soon after it came out. I use slide-glide standard on my game pistols, but just a light coat of Rem-oil on my serious stuff.

The gamers will try just about everything trying to dampen recoil. I've seen Mobile 1, chainsaw bar oil, etc. Most end up generating malfunctions (especially in the cold). I have had no issues with slide-glide, but I also use it more sparingly than the instructions suggest.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

My Rem Oil has gone a bit gummy/tacky as well during long term storage.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

KW Driver wrote:My Rem Oil has gone a bit gummy/tacky as well during long term storage.
Curious, how long? I've got a rifle in my safe that hasn't seen range time in about a year, and the rem-oil "seems" fine...
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Couldn't really say. It definitely happened that the spray can was worse before a weapon was. I guess I first noticed it when I came home after 15 months deployed. That can was done, and I didn't want to use it on a weapon. Another can showed signs of spraying tacky after a year I'd guess. Those weapons were fairly dry when I came home to them, even though I tried to saturate and deep soak the metal before I left, like we used to do gun/SAW barrels.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Weapons of War”