Deleted

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Denied Regime

Post by cams »

Was he convicted or were all charges dismissed?

Who denied him, a recruiter or the REGIMENT (not Regime) themselves?

Is he already serving and trying to transfer or is he a civilian? If he's a civilian he'll be very hard pressed to get an Opt 40 contract, he would need a legal waiver and with the drawdown I just don't see that happening.

Nothing is written in stone, things change, and others here with more knowledge than I may be able to offer more guidance.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Denied Regiment

Post by cams »

Understood. If he's already speaking to the Regimental Recruiter there is nothing I can add to this. No one knows better than that man himself what can be done, either now or at a later date down the road.

Good luck to you both in your careers and family.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Denied Regiment

Post by Baseplate »

I went through with a guy that had 2 DUIs in his past. He was like 26 or so and had not had a single drink in 6 years. On his very last day before graduation in RIP he was called out of formation and dropped from the course. He could not pass the background check for his security clearance. It sucked for him and everyone including the instructors felt like shit about it but he understood and just dealt with it.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”