2d Ranger Memorial- need info

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Krystyna
Ranger Wife

2d Ranger Memorial- need info

Post by Krystyna »

On the 2d Ranger Battalion page on FB posted a status asking for help in locating info for some Rangers they would like to Add to the stones being made. If you have any of the info asked and have FB could you pass on info or post here and I could relay the information. I attached a picture of the status. Thank you.
Tina

"If you have a point, please feel free to come to it"

"This is life, not a dress rehearsal!"
Krystyna
Ranger Wife

Re: 2d Ranger Memorial- need info

Post by Krystyna »

Cyanide wrote:Ping ma91c1an. He may have contact info for NOK of Kevin Lannon. Slater was my roommate when I first arrived at 2nd Bat in 81. He got there sometime in 80. I do not have specific dates.
Thank you Ranger Cyanide. I will pass on the info for Slater. It looks like someone was able to give dates for Lannon.
Tina

ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

I think that the same people keep getting asked the same questions.

Nobody remembers when these guys arrived. It was 30 years ago.

Marianne Lannon will not know. She was like 16 years old when her brother joined the Army. If you want to ask her, and have her tell you that, she is on Facebook.

The only way that any definitive information will be uncovered is if somebody has a copy of orders with their names on them. If Battalion does not have historical records... I got nothing.

Somebody asked me before for information about Lannon. I will repeat for the last time what I said then: Lannon hung out with a guy named Craig Parish. Or Parrish. Not sure on the spelling. As I recall, the dude was a PAC Rat. If Parrish does not know, then no one will. I doubt that Underdonk will remember. Though he is also on Facebook, so he can be asked.

You can ask Holt, if you like. He is on SOCNET.

Best that I can do. I am done with this. These guys died almost 30 years ago, and it still feels like yesterday.
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

Just remembered.

Norbert Miller is also on Facebook.

Mitch "Maddog" Wilson is on SOCNET.

RB Braughton is on SOCNET, though he rarely posts. Now that I think of it, RB is on this site, too. Right? Or is that my imagination? No telling.

I cannot think of anyone else who is lucid and will have personal recollections of the guys on the list.

There are other guys who may remember Slater, like Cyanide. I will let others set them up. For example, Steve Perlo is on Facebook. So is Andy Paulen. There are strong Ranger groups on Facebook. If you do not get answers there, you will not get them anywhere.

Now, I really am done with this. Good luck.
-------
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

ma91c1an wrote:Just remembered.

Norbert Miller is also on Facebook.

Mitch "Maddog" Wilson is on SOCNET.

RB Braughton is on SOCNET, though he rarely posts. Now that I think of it, RB is on this site, too. Right? Or is that my imagination? No telling.

I cannot think of anyone else who is lucid and will have personal recollections of the guys on the list.

There are other guys who may remember Slater, like Cyanide. I will let others set them up. For example, Steve Perlo is on Facebook. So is Andy Paulen. There are strong Ranger groups on Facebook. If you do not get answers there, you will not get them anywhere.

Now, I really am done with this. Good luck.
Andy Paulen (I think its the same dude) is a 1SG in one of my downtrace units. I can clue him in. Would Carlton Dietrich help? I work 2 buildings away.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

Carlton was there during that era, but he was B Co, I believe, not HHC, and would consequently only remember his own company medics. B Co medics during that era were Norbert Miller, Mitch "Maddog" Wilson, and Scott Underdonk. Oh, yeah. And Frank Morales. And Balentino Perez.

If Carlton was C Co, the medics during that era were Bruce Johnson, Phil Moon, and Denny Wilkin. And Mike Cwilichoski. And Lee Hancock.

Carlton may have some helpful recollections. Paulen should. Just tell him that you need him to consult with the "gods of cool," and see if that shakes loose any useful memories. If he looks at you funny, tell him that Doc T sends his regards. He will remember.
-------
SFQC 4-84.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

In Vegas right now, will get on it when I get back.

Deke has a freakish memory. I'll ask anyway, run all the names by him see what breaks loose.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

ma91c1an wrote:Carlton was there during that era, but he was B Co, I believe, not HHC, and would consequently only remember his own company medics. B Co medics during that era were Norbert Miller, Mitch "Maddog" Wilson, and Scott Underdonk. Oh, yeah. And Frank Morales. And Balentino Perez.

If Carlton was C Co, the medics during that era were Bruce Johnson, Phil Moon, and Denny Wilkin. And Mike Cwilichoski. And Lee Hancock.

Carlton may have some helpful recollections. Paulen should. Just tell him that you need him to consult with the "gods of cool," and see if that shakes loose any useful memories. If he looks at you funny, tell him that Doc T sends his regards. He will remember.
I realize this an old thread so the information might already be out there. Deke was in 1st Plt C Co at that time. Slater arrived in Oct-Nov 1980, not sure of the other arrival dates, but Slater was in my RIP class.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Krystyna
Ranger Wife

Post by Krystyna »

rangerjd wrote:
ma91c1an wrote:Carlton was there during that era, but he was B Co, I believe, not HHC, and would consequently only remember his own company medics. B Co medics during that era were Norbert Miller, Mitch "Maddog" Wilson, and Scott Underdonk. Oh, yeah. And Frank Morales. And Balentino Perez.

I realize this an old thread so the information might already be out there. Deke was in 1st Plt C Co at that time. Slater arrived in Oct-Nov 1980, not sure of the other arrival dates, but Slater was in my RIP class.
Rangerjd I passed the information through a PM to the FB page for 2d Ranger Battalion. I am not sure if they already got it, but they do now.
Thank you Tina
Tina

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”