Family Life as a ranger?

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Medic1
Egg

Family Life as a ranger?

Post by Medic1 »

Hello Rangers and Spouses
I have already done some searching and read a few posts but i would like to get try and some some different perspectives on What things will be like for my wife and daughter in the Regiment. I have made up my mind that going to RASP and trying for the chance to serve as a ranger is what i want to do, but i am afraid i might be selfishly dragging my family into something they may not be able to handle. My wife and i were together for 5 years before i joined the army and got married and have been married for almost 2 years and together we have a 5 year old daughter. Our marriage has been hes been through some rocky times and i would say we are both still "learning how to be married" for a lack of a better way of putting it. I want this so bad but i don't want to force them into something that might possibly ruin all of our lives so i want to do my best to gain as much information (good and bad) that i can so i can be honest with them and make them a little more prepared if i do end up following through with it. This is where you all come in i would like to hear your experiences, anything you think would help me explain to them what we would be getting into. Sorry about the length i just want to be thorough and thank you in advance for any advice given
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Family Life as a ranger?

Post by centermass »

1st Search Result

2nd Search Result

3rd Search Result

4th Search Result and last-I'm tired

You're new here so, I'm going to cut you some slack. In addition, I've posted some of the results YOU TOO can find if you use the search feature.

This site has been here for a while, and trust me, MOST if not ALL questions you may have can be usually found if you do the search.

I did yours for you this time. Trust me, there's more, but, I'll leave that to you, to find them.

If after doing a thorough search in the future, should you have a question and in the unlikable event, unable to find an answer, then, fire away.

And in closing, any soldier assigned to the Regiment or any special operations unit for that matter, will have their marriage challenged. Even if it's on solid ground, a current union of love, trust, stable finances etc, it takes a special woman to realize all that goes along with the life of someone immersed at the level you are about to embark upon. Your spouse already knows the strains of being an Army wife. Multiply that strain 10 fold in the chance you make it. It takes a damn special woman to hang in there and take care of the home front while you're off running 100 mph training, deployed etc.

If you so much think there's a chance your relationship is more important and may not be ready for you to make the jump, I would suggest you figure out your priorities and stick with them.

Bottom line, if there's any gray area, I'd think twice before committing to such a decision.

Welcome to the site.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”