HEALTH CARE IN KABUL?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

HEALTH CARE IN KABUL?

Post by blueskiesalways »

I know you'all (Texas drawl) are holding your breath.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
watched a news show tonight....was on the amount of children that needed medical care at the faciltity in Kabul....Not much of a problem there, thousands waiting to be seen. However, one child had "congentital heart failure", diagnosed as being potentially fatal in the next 5-10 yrs.
An AMERICAN doctor voluntered to oversee her health care....

IMHO....Any doctor that refuses to address the health care situation we have at home..is OVIOUSLY looking for personal acclaim. We have children right here at home, that are being refused medical care, baecause 'their' parents can't afford it...There are few things in life that I believe are ABSOLUTE FACT, We take care of our children and our old folks...ONE, CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES, AND THE OTHER, HAS SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES/FAMILIES LIVES, FOR THEIR COUNTRY..WTF?
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME...
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
jakeshoe
Ranger

Post by jakeshoe »

But what about the untold part of the story...?

How do we know that same doc doesn't do a pro-bono heart repair once a month here in the U.S.?

As a doctor and a fairly educated person, he may understand the priciple that an effort of goodwill to win the hearts and minds of our potential enemies may have greater consequences than just the heart repair.

Being a "Sua Sponte" type person to volunteer his time and do a good deed in any nation is better than being a greedy person who does none at all.
And if he is willing to do it there, he has also probably done it here.
Aco/HHC 2/75 95-99
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Ahhh, Ranger Jakeshoe, good point, HE MIGHT...And if he does, God Bless HIM, but do you really think thats true?
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

was he in Kabul of his own accord? was he sent by the government?

If he volenteered to go half way round the world, into a war zone, and treat local civilians, yeah, your insinuation is right, he must be some kind of liberal America hater. If he loved America, he'd be doing that here.

If he travels round the world to a war zone, why wouldn't he do local work too? what internal morality could he have to go overseas without seeing the same effect here, first most likely?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Jesus fucking christ, it's a kid, and more than likely he does do volunteer work in the States, and secondly, many Doctors would prefer to do this kind of work in the states but due to inscurance and numerous other reasons, it's easier to do it overseas. He did take the Hipocratic oath. Where is your heart Mom?
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Tool175 wrote:Jesus fucking christ, it's a kid, and more than likely he does do volunteer work in the States, and secondly, many Doctors would prefer to do this kind of work in the states but due to inscurance and numerous other reasons, it's easier to do it overseas. He did take the Hipocratic oath. Where is your heart Mom?
I would hate to see ANYONE go without the medical care that they needed, unfortunately it happens all to often in the United States. Thats my point, due to "insurance and numerous other reasons" many people go without the treatment's that could save their lives...Hopefully this Doctor does indeed treat people here at home that need his care, but can't afford it!!!
motherinlawtobe
Tadpole

Post by motherinlawtobe »

:cry: Blueskiesalways the worst misuse of health care in the United States is in the prison systems. Inmates get as good if not better care than you or I, or our soldiers. That's a shame. I agree with you to a degree, but I could never see a child no matter where they are from do with out care when they are ill. That's what sets Americans apart from others, our ability to care. :)
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

The simple fact is, we don't know this mans character, so why question his intent? That is between him and God.

Truly you can see that had it not been for our men, many of who were/are Spec Ops soldiers, this child would not have this fantastic opportunity to heal and live and encourage freedom him/herself. What a miracle!!! Let us be greatful that we have men who are willing to fight for the freedom of another country, and thus give a child a life... The freedom they have shouldn't be wasted- this is an example of goodness that is happening BECAUSE OF OUR MEN.

Rather than twisting this story, it seems more appropriate to thank those that paved the road...
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Julieanne wrote:The simple fact is, we don't know this mans character, so why question his intent? That is between him and God.

Truly you can see that had it not been for our men, many of who were/are Spec Ops soldiers, this child would not have this fantastic opportunity to heal and live and encourage freedom him/herself. What a miracle!!! Let us be greatful that we have men who are willing to fight for the freedom of another country, and thus give a child a life... The freedom they have shouldn't be wasted- this is an example of goodness that is happening BECAUSE OF OUR MEN.

Rather than twisting this story, it seems more appropriate to thank those that paved the road...
Good points....Just wish we could see more of this type of humanity on the home front.
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Good points....Just wish we could see more of this type of humanity on the home front.
Knowledge is power...

http://www.nafclinics.org/

America, land of the free...

There is goodness out there, even for Americans. There is insurance for the uninsured family. It varies from state to state, but if the benefits aren't satisfactory in your state, maybe that is an opportunity for you to become more proactive and enlist some change.
Sometimes it is difficult to attain health insurance, (I imagine homeless and illiterate folks have a VERY difficult time, but there is help even for them). With patience and submission of the proper paperwork there is medical care available to everyone in this country. Sadly for low income families, even the minimal co-pays that are asked of for adult health care, is sometimes too much.

Our Amercian Doctors have a heart for hard luck cases. I've seen it...
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
VAK
USAF Veteran

Re: HEALTH CARE IN KABUL?

Post by VAK »

blueskiesalways wrote:I know you'all (Texas drawl) are holding your breath.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
watched a news show tonight....was on the amount of children that needed medical care at the faciltity in Kabul....Not much of a problem there, thousands waiting to be seen. However, one child had "congentital heart failure", diagnosed as being potentially fatal in the next 5-10 yrs.
An AMERICAN doctor voluntered to oversee her health care....

IMHO....Any doctor that refuses to address the health care situation we have at home..is OVIOUSLY looking for personal acclaim. We have children right here at home, that are being refused medical care, baecause 'their' parents can't afford it...There are few things in life that I believe are ABSOLUTE FACT, We take care of our children and our old folks...ONE, CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES, AND THE OTHER, HAS SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES/FAMILIES LIVES, FOR THEIR COUNTRY..WTF?
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME...
:shock: :roll:

....Charity may begin at home but it certainly doesn't end there. Certainly I'd like to believe that those ideals that I've dedicated my life toward defending, fought for, bled for and now am giving my life for, would forward our spirit of giving abroad and taking care of as many children as possible, regardless of where they are.

Godspeed,
tacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's

Return to “The Mosh Pit”