Sleep dep.

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Goshdarned Gumbies are everywhere!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
undergoodcanopy
Ranger

Re: Sleep dep.

Post by undergoodcanopy »

longrifle wrote:Rangers,
I dont know if this belongs here or the No shit I was there forum but I chose to post here because I wanted to hear about what happened in Ranger school in particular. I have gone on long raids and operations where we recieved very little broken sleep and on one such op I was driving at night at 29 palms and I swear that I saw trees on either side of the trail, right before we missed the turn and we went off into open desert :shock: . Please pass on some of the tricks your mind has played with you after a few days with little or no sleep.
It was my PSG patrol, and I was "trying to tell a soldier where I wanted him to dig his hasty fighting psition, and sleep dep, made him take a swing at me with his e-tool! (he missed of course)?
He was a pretty cool guy until then, so I dont believe it was his personality, to "attempt" to remove my head with an e-tool!
He was in a daze the entire time this was going on, and if another Ranger student had not have tackled him it could of gotten ugly!
After he picked himself of the ground; he had no idea what had just taken place!?
If you ever saw the prison interview with Charles Manson?
That is the look he had in his eyes, but he had no idea what had just transpired!
I don't know if it was sleep dep, or the guy just thought I was an asshole?!
Either way I kept my eyes on this guy the rest of Ranger School..
82nd Abn Div 2/325th A.I.R.: 89-94
JRTC TF2 (observer/controller)_94-97
RS 8-92 (LAST HARD CLASS)
SAWgunner4fun
Ranger

Post by SAWgunner4fun »

In RIP we were running back to our formation area from the woodline with a huge log. We're closing in and I look up and no shit two fuckin' leprechuans were runiing off with my goddamn ruck!

Of course later I figured out that it was the shadows from the fire and the other rucks and the sleep dep and exhaustion. However for the rest of that night I was dreading the command to fall in on our rucks! Thankfully we just got smoked all night with logs and when the sun came up my ruck was back.

Damn leprechuans....

Did I just type that I was happy to get smoked all night with logs? :lol:
A-co 1/75 Oct 2002-Jul 2005
C-co 1/75 Jul 2005-Feb 2006
HHC 1/75 Feb 2006-Present
Ranger School Class 11-04

The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall

-The Doors
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

i always knew you were weird. that's some funny shit!!
Ranger School CL# 04-05

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”