Favorite Holsters - For Concealment and/or Tactical use?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Spartan

Favorite Holsters - For Concealment and/or Tactical use?

Post by Spartan »

Anybody use Galco here and if yes, what do you like about it? If you have used it before and found something better - what is it and why is it better?

Was looking at getting one of these - comments?

CAL
Paratrooper

Post by CAL »

Ranger Spartan, I have that exact holster for my Glock 30. IMO, it is excellent! At first I was a bit skeptical about it since it has nothing to keep it in the holster if I were to need to run, etc., however I have found that the retention is PERFECT. As far as concealed carry, I personally prefer an IWB holster, but for an OWB I haven't found anything I like better. The high rise design of it and the forward cant make it a great holster,IMO.
ArmyParatrooper.org

514th Sig Co. (LRE) '97-'02
AATW!
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Thanks.

And the difference between the paddle and belt models? Is the paddle essentially like a large clip on that is supposed to be ergonomic for your belt/waistband that can be easily removed without taking your belt partway off?

What type of belt do you use with that? Get one of theirs, and do you need one with an extra 2" as they suggest on their website?

http://www.usgalco.com/
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
CAL
Paratrooper

Post by CAL »

Spartan wrote:Is the paddle essentially like a large clip on that is supposed to be ergonomic for your belt/waistband that can be easily removed without taking your belt partway off?
Sort of. The paddle grips the inside of the waistband and underside of the belt, and I believe they are now adjustable for belts that have different widths.
What type of belt do you use with that? Get one of theirs, and do you need one with an extra 2" as they suggest on their website?
Ranger Spartan, which one are you asking about the belt for?

FWIW, the prices on their websites for their merchandise are quite high compared to what you can find them for elsewhere. I got that high ride belt holster for about $40 brand new, although I can't remember where. I know Ebay has them quite frequently. Firearm related sites often have "for sale" forums that advertise stuff like this.
ArmyParatrooper.org

514th Sig Co. (LRE) '97-'02
AATW!
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

I worked as a Tactical Officer for many years during which time i wore only Milt Sparks holsters. I'm sure there are many fine holster makers out there but when I find something that meets my needs ie ease of draw, weapon retention, comfort, craftmanship, concealability I tend to stick with it. Just remember, whatever holster you choose, make sure you are wearing a belt that is designed for that holster, NOT a dress belt.

http://www.miltsparks.com/
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

For strictly concealed carry, I use "The Answer" by Tucker Gun Leather. It is by far the best, for my money.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/answer.html
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Ruffner275
Ranger

Post by Ruffner275 »

For concealed carry (which is how I carry 99% of the time) I use a safariland paddle holster (model 518). In line with what Mind Riot said, get a good belt. Galco makes excellent reinforced belts.
12B1P 11th ACR 96-99
11B2V C co. 2/75 99-02
Class 8-00
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

For concealed carry, I really like the Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Hoster (UCH). It is an inside the waistband hoster and is very comfortable. They are a little pricey, but well worth it. It fits my HK USP compact like a glove, good retention also.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

fireranger wrote:For concealed carry, I really like the Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Hoster (UCH).
Good shit. I just ordered one from them. There are not many companies that make one for a .45 with rails. At least Galco does not yet.

I ordered this one:

http://www.blade-tech.com/frontend?comm ... ionId=4364
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

I have the Galco also and like it, for packing my work gun off duty I have one of those Fobus holsters. Its okay for a coated all black gun but I woudnt put my good blued .45s in anything but leather
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

I use a Fobus for my USP. I was real skeptical about them at first but I love it. I bought one for my Beretta when went to the Litter box. On days that I stayed on the FOB it was alot more comfortable than a giant fucking thigh rig.
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I use paddle holsters.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

I use fobus holsters for the most part for off duty carrying.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992

Return to “Weapons of War”