First Jump

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

First Jump

Post by PaleHorseRider »

first things first....jumping out of an airplane at 150 mph is definetly the coolest, most fun thing ive ever done. the exit was great, i love how you just kind of ride the prop blast if you exit right. the winds were kinda high, at 10 knots, but i slipped and did everything correctly and didnt land very hard at all. hopefully tomorrow's 2 jumps will go as well. today i jumped from a c-130, tomorrow it will either be a c-130 or a c-141., cant wait, i wish i could do it every day.
Bell

Re: First Jump

Post by Bell »

PaleHorseRider wrote: i wish i could do it every day.
Don't we all. Not a question, a statement.

RLTW
Bell
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

first things first....jumping out of an airplane at 150 mph is definetly the coolest, most fun thing ive ever done.
just wait until you do your first REAL combat equip (body weight plus) mass tac, night jump out a C-17 or better yet, a C-5. Then see how fun it is.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

i heard a c-5 isnt so fun, one of the sergeant airborne's here said that the one jump he had out of a c-5 was the only time he had to activate his reserve. he said to avoid it at all costs.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

It all starts to suck after seeing all your friends frapping in one by one after a while
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

again, i have to ask Ranger Holmchicken......what is 'frapping' in?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

PaleHorseRider wrote:again, i have to ask Ranger Holmchicken......what is 'frapping' in?
Well - it ain't got nothin' to do with Starbucks there - ImpaledHorseRider.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Well - it ain't got nothin' to do with Starbucks there - ImpaledHorseRider.
LOL! ImpaledHorseRider! Well there you go IHR, your first clue, "impaled". You better thank Ranger Neves for that. Beat your boots turd! Later, after I've had my mandatory 10 hours of sleep and breakfast in bed served by Britney Spears, I'll give you another clue.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Combat equipment jumps as an assistant gunner are the best. Nothing like feeling your spine slowly stretching from your rucksack and your AG bag full of rounds. :)
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

PaleHorseRider wrote:again, i have to ask Ranger Holmchicken......what is 'frapping' in?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Leg!
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Just a new guy sayin' hello to all the Rangers out there.
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Rett wrote:Just a new guy sayin' hello to all the Rangers out there.
Rett - the usual entry point to this site is to make an introduction in the appropriate section near the top of the site. Please proceed in doing so before posting again.

Thanks.
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Re: First Jump

Post by Antrim »

PaleHorseRider wrote:first things first....jumping out of an airplane at 150 mph is definetly the coolest, most fun thing ive ever done. the exit was great, i love how you just kind of ride the prop blast if you exit right. the winds were kinda high, at 10 knots, but i slipped and did everything correctly and didnt land very hard at all. hopefully tomorrow's 2 jumps will go as well. today i jumped from a c-130, tomorrow it will either be a c-130 or a c-141., cant wait, i wish i could do it every day.
The 141 is the easiest in my opinion. You just stick your toe out the door and let nature take it's course. So easy! I had a bitch of a time in the 130's. Bucking bitches, I had to take three stabs at getting in and staying in the door one time. Turbulence is a whore. :)
D co 4/12 INF - 1st AD ('90-'92)
A co 1/9 CAV - 1st CD ('92-'94)

Post by DocDaigle »

Shithooks were the easiest. You just have to get use to hooking down instead of up.

Return to “About Airborne School”