What does a waiver mean?

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Smoke
Tadpole

What does a waiver mean?

Post by Smoke »

Doc,

I had to get 2 waiver's to enlist, I got them, but what exactly does a waiver do except get some one in the military? A co worker told me a waiver means that the Army is not responsible for an injury if it happens to the waivered area or previous problem. Ie some one gets a waiver for previous knee surgery then hurts the same knee. What happens then?
Thank you, Smoke
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Waivers mean that the Army has approved you medically for whatever it did not in the past. As far as legalities are concerned I have no idea, I am a Doc not a lawyer. See the physician for these questions or consult Army lawyers.
Poetryisdeath
Embryo

Post by Poetryisdeath »

It means nothing legally as far as I know. It simply means that they do not think that it is a problem anymore.
Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:Run fast, stay awake, dont drown, dont fail, that should cover it.
I just want to do what I can for my country, with the best that I can.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Poetryisdeath wrote:It means nothing legally as far as I know. It simply means that they do not think that it is a problem anymore.
Your qualifications? Who asked you? Since when did DEPs start giving advice on this board?

He got it right the first time. A waiver is an agreement contract between you and the military. You got a high frequency loss in your hearing? The military might accept you...if you sign a waiver. The waiver states plainly that the military will not be responsible for any further hearing loss during your tour of duty.

Read the waiver. It explains itself.

RLTW
Bell
Smoke
Tadpole

Waivers

Post by Smoke »

Ranger Bell and Ranger Doc Cook

I never even saw my waiver on paper, I was just told its been approved now you can enlist. Should I get a copy for my records? Thanks for the help. Smoke

Return to “Medical Issues”