New Horse

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Horned Toad
Ranger

New Horse

Post by Horned Toad »

For all the horse folks out there I picked up a new horse a while back. A 3yo Percheron. Of course the guy I got the horse from claims he is broke to drive and green broke to ride. This was the second time I rode him a round pen

this is a pic of the percheron in the trailer with my 1000 pound appy

the horse should end up weighing in at close to a ton
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I don't know much about horses either but they are beautiful animals.

Ranger2
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

SnafuRacer wrote:I never rode a horse, but sure like to see them in action. I hope to learn how to ride one someday.
Ranger2 wrote:I don't know much about horses either but they are beautiful animals.
Those two sentiments pretty much sum up how I feel about women....
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I had horse burgers once. :wink:
Evolution
Embryo

Post by Evolution »

Ranger Horned Toad,

Nice to meet a fellow rider. That's a beautiful animal you got there.
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

GOD DAMN THAT"S A BIG ANIMAL!!! How tall is the percheron??? Looks outstanding!!!
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Stacked & Racked wrote:
SnafuRacer wrote:I never rode a horse, but sure like to see them in action. I hope to learn how to ride one someday.
Ranger2 wrote:I don't know much about horses either but they are beautiful animals.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Julieanne wrote:
Stacked & Racked wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Julie is onto something here! I'm with you Julie, I love women too! I have also ridden many in my day, and it ain't horses! Hay! :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
502in62

Post by 502in62 »

Nice lookin Black. Looks like he's in good shape. (I'll figure he's a gelding till ya tell us different.) He about 17/3? Also looks like ya got a nice herd.

I've got a team of Belgians, both geldings. 3 and 4 year olds. Also have a Standardbred, Foxtrotter, and 4 Walkers. The wife and I ride a lot and I mess with the team around the farm. Also do my training in the round pen.

What are your plans for him?
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

usaftacp wrote:GOD DAMN THAT"S A BIG ANIMAL!!! How tall is the percheron??? Looks outstanding!!!

He is around 17.2 hand right now which is about 70" at the shoulder.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

502in62 wrote:Nice lookin Black. Looks like he's in good shape. (I'll figure he's a gelding till ya tell us different.) He about 17/3? Also looks like ya got a nice herd.

What are your plans for him?
I was told 17.1 when I got him, I got a rough measurement at 17.2 and I think he is a bit taller. When I got him you could put your hand between his ribs and his backbone was showing real bad. He has put on aot of weight but has a ways to go.

I got him to work on my training skill, but he will end up a trail horse like all my others.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
RideGrrl
Tadpole

Post by RideGrrl »

:shock: Damn!!! Can I ride the Percheron if I come visit?? :lol: My legs might reach halfway down his sides... ;) He's gorgeous, Ranger HT. :D Thanks for posting pics.

Oh, and Stacked_and_Racked, that was the funniest thing I've heard in ages. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”