20years old/Arkansas

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ArkansasAlex
Embryo

20years old/Arkansas

Post by ArkansasAlex »

Hey, I just saw that I should post here first to state what I am looking for or doing on these forums. So I guess I will.

I am trying to find out all the information I can about becoming an ARMY Ranger. I have been going to the local recruiter for a few months, and plan on joining up in the middle of jan, 05 (if everything goes as planned, which probally wont).

All the recruiter wants to tell me is the good stuff, which turns me off. I know there is lots of hardships to overcome, And I would like to know what they are, to better prepare myself before joining. I talk to a friend I meet on another forum I visit, and he is/was a Ranger and he has been helping me a lot (by telling me the real stuff, instead of the stuff most people want to hear). But I dont like pestering people, so I am seeking another place to find out what I need to know.

I am 20 years old, and live in Arkansas. I have had 2 years of college (no degree yet), and I my major was Psych.

I really want to go SF because of the language training and whatnot, but have always looked up to rangers, and admired them for their bravery. And I am sure that becoming a Ranger first would make the sfas a little easier as well.

Well I hope this is what was expected
Alex
SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

Welcome. Where in Arkansas are you from? I'm finishing up my degree at UofA Fayetteville.

Read, read, read. Lots of good info here, just make sure you don't ask something that's already been discussed. Good luck.
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
ArkansasAlex
Embryo

Post by ArkansasAlex »

Near Jonesboro, I was going to ASU. Worked in YellowStone for the summer, hiking around in the mountains at 8000 feet elevation ( if your from arkansas you know that was weird at first) and I got back a little late to go to school this semester. So I got a job, and was planning on starting back in Jan, but now I am kinda set on joining up.

Alex
ArkansasAlex
Embryo

Post by ArkansasAlex »

Oh and by the way, I have a hog tatoo on my Calve, GO RAZORBACKS...

I know off subject, but I had to say it
Alex
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site. wow on the tattoo.

RLTW
Bell
ArkansasAlex
Embryo

Post by ArkansasAlex »

Bell wrote:Welcome to the site. wow on the tattoo.

RLTW
Bell
The sad thing Is I didnt goto UofA, I went to ASU, and that kind of contradicts (spellcheck) itself. I also played Rugby at ASU for a year (that doesnt matter, but maybe if someone else use to play on here it would spark a conversation)

Alex
Bell

Post by Bell »

Shut up.

RLTW
Bell
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Bell wrote:Shut up.

RLTW
Bell
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't beat around the bush, Ranger Bell....just come right out and say it!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: 20years old/Arkansas

Post by Earthpig »

ArkansasAlex wrote:I know there is lots of hardships to overcome, And I would like to know what they are, to better prepare myself before joining.
OK...here you go:
No sleep.
No food.
No warm clothes.
Blisters.
Cramps.
Bees.
Snakes.
Gators.
Spec4 Mafia.
Pushups.
Flutterkicks.
Cuts.
Bruises.
Fractures.
Frostbite.
Smoking sessions.
Statistics for failure.
Lack of motivation.
Lack of intestinal fortitude.
Hallucinations.
Being away from family at a moment's notice for an undetermined amount of time.
Peer pressure.
Pride.
Mud.
Sand.
Black palm.
Spider bites.
These are a FEW of the hardships you can EXPECT to be forced to overcome. Now, go sign up.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

fingers/hands raw from assembling/disassembling your weapon 120 times every day until you can do it in seconds while blindfolded.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Oh, and....you're welcome for the avatar....
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Smoke
Tadpole

Welcome

Post by Smoke »

Welcome to the site. PM inbound
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Terry Welshan wrote:
ArkansasAlex wrote:Oh and by the way, I have a hog tatoo on my Calve, GO RAZORBACKS...

Alex
Most of the Rangers here have tatooed a hog at one time or another and a few have tatooed a calf as well.

Don't forget sheep and armpits Terry!

ArkansasAlex wrote:Oh and by the way, I have a hog tatoo on my Calve, GO RAZORBACKS...

Alex

Why?
RSD 96-99

Return to “Introduction Archive”