Wannabe RANGER intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

glacius02
Soldier

Wannabe RANGER intro

Post by glacius02 »

My name is Robert I just turned 21 years of age. I would like to start out that I start the rest of my life by going to MEPS Jan13 to ship out to OSUT training which starts Jan21. I have a 11b opt.40 contract in writing and I am as ready as I can get. Cause I don't know what's going to happen when I get there I know that the contract only gets me to the door of RIP I have to prove the rest and take it. I truly appreciate all of the info that "yall" have given me from this site. And I can't wait to bear the Coveted Black and Gold.
Where RANGERS lead the Way I will follow.

Robert
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Wannabe RANGER intro

Post by rgrpuck »

glacius02 wrote:My name is Robert I just turned 21 years of age. I would like to start out that I start the rest of my life by going to MEPS Jan13 to ship out to OSUT training which starts Jan21. I have a 11b opt.40 contract in writing and I am as ready as I can get. Cause I don't know what's going to happen when I get there I know that the contract only gets me to the door of RIP I have to prove the rest and take it. I truly appreciate all of the info that "yall" have given me from this site. And I can't wait to bear the Coveted Black and Gold.
Where RANGERS lead the Way I will follow.

Robert
Welcome. Good luck on your quest. Keep your head up and soak everything up. I can tell you what will happen,Basic will be a joke after all is said and done. Airborne school will be a fun vacation. As long as you keep your feet and knees togeather you will be fine. RIP.....Now there is a big bite of reality. You will get challenged everyday. The Instructors there arent trying to help you achieve the standard....They WANT you to fail. If you can make it past them and too BN......Well then the fun starts and you only have to prove to every one you want t be there, and you can hang, every fucking day.

As I said good luck I wish I could do it all again.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome :lol:

Follow Rgr Pucks advice, you will go far.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Welcome. PM sent.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
JimsYZF
Ranger

Re: Wannabe RANGER intro

Post by JimsYZF »

Welcome. Good luck on your quest. Keep your head up and soak everything up. I can tell you what will happen,Basic will be a joke after all is said and done. Airborne school will be a fun vacation. As long as you keep your feet and knees togeather you will be fine. RIP.....Now there is a big bite of reality. You will get challenged everyday. The Instructors there arent trying to help you achieve the standard....They WANT you to fail. If you can make it past them and too BN......Well then the fun starts and you only have to prove to every one you want t be there, and you can hang, every fucking day.

As I said good luck I wish I could do it all again.
Very well said and very true. Especially the vacation part in AB school. Once piece of advise, don't volunteer the info during basic that you are headed to Ranger BN. Especially if any of your DI's are prior Rgr. Unless you feel your physical status is not up to par and you want a little extra motivation for no real reason. Just don't get cockey, keep your nose clean and do the best you can. My motto when going thru RIP was that my body would quit before my mind would and you know what... My body never quit...
SPC Wilson
1/75 Rgr Bn, B co. 1st Platoon, 2nd Squad.
'93 to Nov '96
Last Platoon Sgt - SFC Scott Mitten
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome aboard!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thanks for introducing yourself. Welcome to the site.

I want SITREPs all the way through training. I get one hell of a kick watching you guys go through that training and it's always a tossup whether ya make it or not. Keep me posted.

RLTW
Bell
glacius02
Soldier

Post by glacius02 »

Ok first off I would like to thank everybody for welcoming me to the site. I have a couple of questions for "yall" I have looked on the net and asked my Recruiters and they don't seem to know. Airborne training starts May5 and is 3 weeks long and I was wondering if RIP doesn't start for like a month later; I was wondering what I would be doing or where I would be? My next question is do "yall" know when in the training or whatever I would be able to get on a computer and tell "yall" what my progress would be on my quest? Any help or answers will be greatly appreciated.
Where RANGERS Lead the WAY I will FOLLOW

Robert
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

glacius02 wrote:Ok first off I would like to thank everybody for welcoming me to the site. I have a couple of questions for "yall" I have looked on the net and asked my Recruiters and they don't seem to know. Airborne training starts May5 and is 3 weeks long and I was wondering if RIP doesn't start for like a month later; I was wondering what I would be doing or where I would be? My next question is do "yall" know when in the training or whatever I would be able to get on a computer and tell "yall" what my progress would be on my quest? Any help or answers will be greatly appreciated.
Where RANGERS Lead the WAY I will FOLLOW

Robert

This is the intro section. Go to the proper forum to make questions of a particular topic and sometimes make two topics (sometimes in different forum too) if items in question are different.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

And pray tell, where in thee fuck is Ranger, Texas? Ive been all over this State, never been to Ranger.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Hell Hole

Post by Earthpig »

Sugarman091 wrote:Ranger Texas is a hell hole on Interstate 20 half way between Ft. Worth and abilene (I know I didn't spell that right)
Actually, if you had capitalized the "A," you would've spelled it correctly. I'm a little over an hour south of you.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”