Bumper of my S.U.V.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Creeping Death
Ranger

Bumper of my S.U.V.

Post by Creeping Death »

I was flipping the channels last night, and as I passed one of those country music video channels, something caught me ear. I looked the lyrics to the song up, and thought they would be worthy of posting for others to see.

lyrics to Bumper of my S.U.V. by Chely Wright:

I've got a bright red sticker on the back of my car,
Says: "United States Marines."
An' yesterday a lady in a mini-van,
Held up her middle finger at me.
Does she think she knows what I stand for,
Or the things that I believe?
Just by looking at a sticker for the US Marines,
On the bumper of my S.U.V.

See, my brother Chris, he's been in,
For more than 14 years now.
Our Dad was in the Navy during Vietnam,
Did his duty, then he got out.
And my Grandpa earned his Purple Heart,
On the beach of Normandy.
That's why I've got a sticker for the US Marines,

But that doesn't mean that I want war:
I'm not Republican or Democrat.
But I've gone all around this crazy world,
Just to try to better understand.
An' yes, I do have questions:
I get to ask them because I'm free.
That's why I've got a sticker for the US Marines,

'Cause I've been to Hiroshima,
An' I've been to the DMZ.
I've walked on the sand in Baghdad,
Still don't have all of the answers I need.
But I guess I wanna know where she's been,
Before she judges and gestures to me,
'Cause she don't like my sticker for the US Marines,

So I hope that lady in her mini-van,
Turns on her radio and hears this from me.
As she picks up her kids,
From their private school,
An' drives home safely on our city streets.
Or to the building where her church group meets:
Yeah, that's why I've got a sticker for the US Marines,

I spend so much time blasting stupid celebreties, I think it's only prudent to point out those I come across that actually seem to get it.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

If they got it they wouldnt be driving an SUV. :)
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

:?: I drive an SUV. Ain't no way in Hell I'm gonna drive a faggoty electric car. If gas prices get THAT bad I'll get Vee the board whore to teach me how to ride a Hog!
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Creeping Death wrote::?: I drive an SUV. Ain't no way in Hell I'm gonna drive a faggoty electric car. If gas prices get THAT bad I'll get Vee the board whore to teach me how to ride a Hog!

I have TWO SUV's! 8)
RSD 96-99
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

Real men drive shiny sports cars, or motorcycles. I dont hate SUV's for their gas guzzling abilities, no I hate them because *puts on flame proof suit* it has been found quite a few people who buy SUV's do it for vanity, confidence issues, and marriage concerns. I dislike the moms who buy a brand new suburban due to the fact that she is 3 days preggo and "needs the room". None of this is directed at anyone here, I don't know any of you. But I really dislike SUV's.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Well, to each his own, but I won't drive anything BUT an SUV. Period.

I hate a minivan worse than anything. I drive SUVs because:

1. I need a 4x4. A minivan won't get me to my huntin spots.
2. People with kids DO need a lot of fookin' room. You know how much shit a woman has to take with them? Well, I have THREE! I need a fuckin' greyhound bus at times.
3. My wife drives an impala right now, but her next vehicle will be a full sized SUV. My Pathfinder ain't got enough room. The next ride I buy is gonna get really shitty gas mileage.

I drove a Camaro when my first child was born. That thing was as worthless as tits on a boar hog when you have kids.

Nothin' personal, Bro, but I find it funny that you think only real men drive shiny sports cars, but men who drive a vehicle for utility purposes are the ones with a vanity problem. :roll:

To each his own, though.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

TRLewis wrote:Real men drive shiny sports cars, or motorcycles.
Or old beat up pick up trucks :D Or new 4x4s :twisted:
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

"Real" men dont worry about what other people think about what they are driving. Real Men don't have to announce their manhood by what they drive. Take Saltbitch, he drives a chick car and I promise you, he doesnt give one half of a fuck who thinks what. Hate Train drives a chick car, my wife has a suburban, Bell drives a (what the fuck is that ratty piece of shit, anyhow, Ron.) Anyhow, it's so fucked up you can't tell what it is.
Sports car...Motercycle? Kinda hard to haul dead critters in those. Harder still to pull a 4,000 lb boat.
Damn Lewis, these guys are into what WORKS, not what looks good.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Mitch wrote:
TRLewis wrote:Real men drive shiny sports cars, or motorcycles.
Or old beat up pick up trucks :D Or new 4x4s :twisted:
I have a beat up pick up truck to!

They're ALL 4X4s1 :lol:
RSD 96-99
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

TRLewis wrote:Real men drive shiny sports cars
It was a joke, its some bud light commercial. Lighten up, I'm not serious all the time. :)
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

You know what FUCK COUNTRY MUSIC and thier fuckin takin advantage of the state of the world these days, and fuck that songwriter, I went to pvt school so fuckin what, if the bitch really did get the finger it was probably b/c she is some stupid bitch that can't drive a SUV. All these I'm for my country fucks are just taking monetary advantage of our situation. Fuck all those dumbass flag totin when it makes them money rednecks. This bitch carries on about his family and thier service, hey fucko what in the hell have you done, nothing thats exactly what I thought. SO fuck off, you fucks don't even write the majority of your own music or lyrics.
The Tool, RLTW!!!
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I can't say that I am into Chely Wright's music, but in an interview immediately following the video, she was aksed a question about the soldier to whom her album was dedicated to.

Turns out it was a soldier she met in Iraq when she was over there for a USO performance. She learned that he was killed the following day. You could see that she was emotionally distraut about it. She tracked down the soldiers family and asked for their permision to dedicate the album to his memory, and his parents agreed, and sent pictures of their son to her.

I don't understand why in our culture, when so many people of celebrity status are anit-military / anti-war / anti-everything, that some singers stand up and say "You know what, I support our military and thank them", why we can't just say thank you to them, instead of accusing them of using us in some way.

Truth be known, with her USO performances, etc., Chely Wright has done more to actively support the troops currently in Iraq than I have, irregardless of how I feel about her music.

I personally hold a good deal of respect for USO performers, and thank them for what they do.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

I still question every single one of them's motivation, it still winds up putting money in thier pocket.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”