Proud mom!!!

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Proud mom!!!

Post by blueskiesalways »

Hello to you all!!!
I have a son graduating Ranger school on Decemeber 17th, 2004. Yes, I understand that is still 2 weeks away!!! However, baring an unfortunate accident I can't imagine him not making it at this point. (fingers crossed)
He retured from oversea's duty just before Ranger school, so i'm sure life sucks pretty hard for him right now. Anyway, sorry to be so long winded. I'm exceptionally proud of him, AND ALL OF YOU!!!
I hope that I am not intruding, this seems to be a great forum for me to get a little insite to the Ranger mentality..and who my son is about to become.
Thanks again
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome, Mom! We're glad to have you here. What unit is your son assigned to?
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

You are not intruding at all Mom. You have a right to be proud as hell of your son. Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
RideGrrl
Tadpole

Post by RideGrrl »

Welcome BlueSkies! Congratulations to your son for all he's done and in advance for Ranger School, and I'm sure he's as proud of his family for your support as you all are proud of him.
Ripcord
Tadpole

Post by Ripcord »

Welcome ,Mom thank your son for me
A/2-501 Anb Inf 101st Abn
RVN 1970/1971 Northern I Corps
If You Have Not Made Out A Will Do So now ,SSG H Breifing new Troopers In Viet-Nam
Wakan Tanka Nici Un
Ripcord , Drive on
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome, we have lotsa mothers here....and quite a few Moms as well! Moms are always welcome.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Damn, we have a full sized squad of you Mom's, mother's ect...and you are indeed, welcome here and will be treated with the utmost respect assuming you dont get too wrapped around the axel with an occasional outburst of 101 Proof Profanity. :wink:
Come by anytime, ask any question.

Now, as for that Ranger mentality thing....hummmm, you will be surprized to know we are just like any other run of the mill guy down the street. [i](who will fight at the drop of a hat, goes nose to nose with anyone anywhere, and dog cuss a Liberal for sport)[/i]
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

You are ALWAYS welcomed here! Good to see you and congrats on your son's upcoming Graduation from Ranger School!
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

1-75th RANGER..

Post by blueskiesalways »

Thanks for the very warm welcome. My son is in the 1-75th Ranger regiment at Hunter AAF, GA. I hope I got that right..it seems to change all the time after each graduation!!!
He's really looking forward to getting his tab...say's you get "treated like dirt" without it..!!!
Could any of you clear up a question for me?....Are you not actually a Ranger untill you graduate Ranger school?..while he was deployed with his Ranger regiment, I considered him a Ranger, a friend said he was not a Ranger untill after Ranger school????
Sorry to be so ignorant, I haven't had chance to ask my son these dumb questions..I seem to keep misplacing him (Deployment, Ranger school, etc..)
Thanks..
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Welcome to the forum and thank you for raising a warrior for our Nation. It's nice to have you here.

I'm with you in not quite understanding what means what. I could offer my 2 cents worth, but I'll defer to those who can give you a $1,000 answer instead. The Rangers here are very helpful in explaining things, and in pointing out helpful posts elsewhere.

Thank you for supporting your son and his service and sacrifice. It puts you in a special class of people! :)
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: 1-75th RANGER..

Post by Slowpoke »

blueskiesalways wrote:Thanks for the very warm welcome. My son is in the 1-75th Ranger regiment at Hunter AAF, GA. I hope I got that right..it seems to change all the time after each graduation!!!
He's really looking forward to getting his tab...say's you get "treated like dirt" without it..!!!
Could any of you clear up a question for me?....Are you not actually a Ranger untill you graduate Ranger school?..while he was deployed with his Ranger regiment, I considered him a Ranger, a friend said he was not a Ranger untill after Ranger school????
Sorry to be so ignorant, I haven't had chance to ask my son these dumb questions..I seem to keep misplacing him (Deployment, Ranger school, etc..)
Thanks..
Your son became a Ranger the moment he put on his beret. The Ranger Tab he'll get from Ranger School just adds more prestige and is a prerequisite for promotion. Some feel a Ranger just isn't complete until he gets his Tab.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome skies so blue :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: 1-75th RANGER..

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

blueskiesalways wrote:Thanks for the very warm welcome. My son is in the 1-75th Ranger regiment at Hunter AAF, GA. I hope I got that right..it seems to change all the time after each graduation!!!
Thanks..

Great unit, my old unit. Your friend was wrong. The boys in the Ranger Batts work as hard as anyone on planet earth at the warrior trade. But, the Ranger Tab is the cherry on the ice cream. But since he will have both, discussion over...yea?
We have several men here who served with the Ranger Units and are as good as any who wear a Ranger Tab. We have had many discussion about it and in the end, doesnt matter. A Man who serves in the Ranger's is as good as any in the free world with or without a Tab.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Introduction Archive”