Cherry Guard LRS 2LT Hopefull

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

VegasShadows
Embryo

Cherry Guard LRS 2LT Hopefull

Post by VegasShadows »

Hi all,

I have been lurking around the forum and reading posts hear for a while but I figured I'd get around to posting this intro today as my plans to join the military have started to get a bit more serious as I am about to graduate college.

My current plan is to hook up w/ an LRS unit as an O-1 right after I go thru BCT, OCS, and RIP. My dad was a tabbed out West Pointer, and my brother has run support for Ranger Bat, and SF, I figure I would follow in their footsteps. RLTW.

Any and all help by seasoned rangers and operators (esp LuRRPs) would be appreciated. Hopefully I'll make a HSLD "O" someday, and lead my Joes with respect and proficiency and not just by my butter bar.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You need to pm me.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site and good luck with your future creer.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Welcome. PM sent.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome :lol:

When Kilted Heathen speaks, everyone listens!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Couple of things Vegas, you might want to remember to capitalize the word Ranger every time you use it.

Secondly the term "Rangers Lead the Way" is something we/enlisted men always say when saluting Officers, I'm not so sure you want to use that phrase prior to becoming one.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for your decision to serve our country, that of your family’s service and certainly we wish you the best of luck in following as well as achieving your military goals.

Welcome to ArmyRanger!8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
VegasShadows
Embryo

Post by VegasShadows »

Thanks for the welcome everyone,

Ranger "Beadlebug" [edited], I gotcha on the "RLTW", I'll just stick to HSLD and Hoo-ah, heheh, common lingo in my family.

Ranger Heathen, PM sent.

Hammer, PM Recieved.

Ranger Steadfast, I have enjoyed reading your posts in the Recon thread, good stuff! Hopefully I can smoke myself into running shape enough to make an LRS unit proud. I have to work on that as I am more of a fullback and a sprinter than an marathon runner. 6 miles is no big deal, but much longer than that and my times start to drop.
Last edited by VegasShadows on November 26th, 2004, 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

VegasShadows wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone,

Ranger Beatle, I gotcha on the "RLTW", I'll just stick to HSLD and Hoo-ah, heheh, common lingo in my family.

Ranger Heathen, PM sent.

Hammer, PM Recieved.

Ranger Steadfast, I have enjoyed reading your posts in the Recon thread, good stuff! Hopefully I can smoke myself into running shape enough to make an LRS unit proud. I have to work on that as I am more of a fullback and a sprinter than an marathon runner. 6 miles is no big deal, but much longer than that and my times start to drop.
That's Ranger Beadlebug bro! and watch the spellin BEADLEBUGS ARE BIGGER, UGLIER AND MEANER THAN THEM QUEER AT LITTLE beatle's.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site. Listen to these men. Even if it pisses you off. They know of what they speak.

RLTW
Bell
VegasShadows
Embryo

Post by VegasShadows »

Ranger BEADLEBUG!

HAHAH, alright then, no beatles or beetles, I always thought a "beadle" was like a church usher or something like that???

But obviously a "Beadlebug" is a highly adaptable, highly dangerous, highly mobile, air/ground/amphibious attack element of the highest magnitude.

I apologize for my ignorance, I am after-all just a leg.
VegasShadows
Embryo

Post by VegasShadows »

Bell wrote:Welcome to the site. Listen to these men. Even if it pisses you off. They know of what they speak.

RLTW
Bell
Ranger Bell,

Good advice, but I don't get riled easily. I pride myself in my ability to maintain cool and think calmly and collected even when everyone else is in fight or flight mode.
I have always been a leader, I have always been an athlete, but more importantly I am humble enough to admit my shortcomings. Being an excellent listener is critical on many levels but at some point decisions need to be made, and we all may never agree on what is best in life.
Conan said that "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." is best.
I am not one to counter my Governor (and soon to be CO), but I think a flexible girl with a tight body on a tropical island and a few Killians isn't that bad either.
My point is that as adults we have the responsibility to respect others opinions, and in my case especially because you guys ARE the experts, but at the same time I reserve the right to disagree within' reason.

With all that said, I don't think you will see me disagreeing with people much (esp the grey beards) unless they are obviously wrong.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

VegasShadows wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone,

Ranger "Beadlebug" [edited], I gotcha on the "RLTW", I'll just stick to HSLD and Hoo-ah, heheh, common lingo in my family.

Ranger Heathen, PM sent.

Hammer, PM Recieved.

Dude,

Are you in the guard, going to the guard, what???? How old are you?

BTW, honestly, a LRS unit could give a fuck how fast you run. LRS units hump with a LOT of weight-that should be your main concern.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Fuckin' "Killians"?Did he say fuckin' Killians? :evil:

Jesus,what a fuckin' tit...

Just do pushups.You're a desert lighthouse.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I don't think this guy has even signed a contract or served a day yet....so why he has that avatar.....

Return to “Introduction Archive”