Intro for 1/75 Mom in Texas

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Intro for 1/75 Mom in Texas

Post by Mom in Texas »

Hello and thanks to all who make this great site possible! My son is currently serving in 1/75 and has been there since 12/98. He graduated Ranger School Class #2-00. I am so very proud of him and all he has accomplished. He is an awesome young man!

I’ve been here awhile reading, getting to know you all. I was graciously welcomed to the site and invited by Ranger Earth Pig several months ago to post an intro…it took awhile…but here it is. Oh, and Ranger EP, I did get my son signed on here….and as you had guessed; he did know several people here already.

Upon becoming a member of the Ranger family, a small world…gets much smaller. I was cleaning out e-mail files the other day and came upon one from over a year ago where I was inquiring (on a different web site) about the purchase of a brick at the Ranger Memorial for part of my son’s Christmas last year. Who do you think assisted me there? It was Ranger Bell…Thanks Ranger Bell! He was pleased with the choice. I was very surprised to see the name a year later and have some idea of who it was.

Thanks again for this great forum! It is comforting to visit in those periods of time when I’m out of touch with my son, with no way to contact him.....in some way makes me feel a a little closer to him during those times.

My son has a special place in my heart that only a son can have and you, his brothers, are there with him.
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

:shock: I never read an intro that gave me goosebumps before......
Quite a warm intro, Texas Mom. :wink: Thanks for accepting us as part of your family. Likewise, you are part of ours. Glad you found us. Now for the big question....what's your son's screen name? Tell him not to be bashful around this lot. Again, welcome aboard!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome young MOM....lotsa Moms lately. We're always glad to see another Mom, as they are very near and dear to our hearts.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Hello, Texas Sunshine....proud and honored to have you here as well as your son. Anything we can do to help you have but to ask as we do seem to have a sensitive spot for Ranger Moms. Come visit anytime, ask any question...
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome to the forum. This land is our land, this land is your land... :wink:

Thanks for having such a great son. Yes the kids do great things, but they who do great things first have great examples set for them.
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Welcome to the board Texas Mom.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

I'm getting confused with all these Moms!

I think it's great!

Welcome!
RSD 96-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Vee wrote:I'm getting confused with all these Moms!

I think it's great!

Welcome!

Battalion MomMass Tactical! :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

Welcome Ranger Mom, your son is serving with the best when the best are really needed!!!
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Mom in Texas :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to this site Mom!!!

And of course, thank you for the compliment. All ya gotta do is ask.

RLTW
Bell
Kinger175
Ranger

Hey Mom

Post by Kinger175 »

Hi mom, and for everyone else this is my mother; screen name as seen.
And your correct in saying that bahind every kick f#$%ing ass ranger there is an kick F@#$%ing ass mom. Cause I like to think I'm alright and my mother made me what I am.
Thanks Mom,
Kinger 175
Aco 2nd plt 98-present
RS Class 2-00
Kinger175
Ranger

!!!

Post by Kinger175 »

And Yes, My Mothers Boots Were Made For Stomppin :D :D :D
Aco 2nd plt 98-present
RS Class 2-00
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome Mom!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Return to “Introduction Archive”