New Ranger

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Munky
Inprocessing

New Ranger

Post by Munky »

Hello Rangers and supporters,

I've been a lurker in these forums for sometime now, not wanting to join until I could rightfully say I'm a Ranger. Well, I graduated RIP on 5 Nov 04, am currently on leave, and will report to 1st Bn sometime after 15 Nov.

After enlisting, I found out that my wife's father is a Ranger and served with 1st Bn in the 80's. He wore a black beret and she has pictures of her in a black beret before I knew that black beret's were originally a Ranger thing. My father is a Marine of 35 years and is so excited that I made it through training and now wear a tan beret.

I realize that I have much to learn and look forward to it with much anticipation and excitement. I'm 27 years old and have a wife, three children, and another on the way. My family is very supportive of my decision and what I will be called upon to do. My wife especially is extremely proud of my accomplishments and is the reason I have been able to do everything I've done.

Thank you to the Rangers who made the ultimate sacrifice for those who fought with them and would come after them. Thank you to the Rangers who continue to go in harms way to defend those who can't or won't defend themselves. Thank you to the Rangers who run this site and provide a place for us to come together online. I look forward to serving with such honorable people and pray that I can bring as much honor to the title Ranger as you have.

RLTW!
1/75
Charlie Co.
04 - Present
RIP class 01-05
PFC
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Congratulations stud, and welcome to the site. I reckon someone will be along shortly to send you a packet....Thank you for your service. Remember, the easy part is now finished......prepare yourself mentally for the near future....it won't be easy.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Welcome and thanks for your service. Us Chairborne Rangers count on you to keep us safe in Ft Livingroom. Keep your ears open and learn all you can because soon you will have the opportunity to protect and defend your country. Get some bad guys for all us.

Ranger2
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thank you young one for opening up our eyes. Your words ring true. It is I that welcomes you to this site. It is I that will be behind you as you do great things for these United States in days coming. I am glad to welcome you amongst our Ranger ranks. Come in and sit a spell. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome aboard and congratulations. Check your PMs.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome and Congratulations!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: New Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Munky wrote:Hello Rangers and supporters,

I've been a lurker in these forums for sometime now, not wanting to join until I could rightfully say I'm a Ranger. Well, I graduated RIP on 5 Nov 04, am currently on leave, and will report to 1st Bn sometime after 15 Nov.

After enlisting, I found out that my wife's father is a Ranger and served with 1st Bn in the 80's. He wore a black beret and she has pictures of her in a black beret before I knew that black beret's were originally a Ranger thing. My father is a Marine of 35 years and is so excited that I made it through training and now wear a tan beret.

I realize that I have much to learn and look forward to it with much anticipation and excitement. I'm 27 years old and have a wife, three children, and another on the way. My family is very supportive of my decision and what I will be called upon to do. My wife especially is extremely proud of my accomplishments and is the reason I have been able to do everything I've done.

Thank you to the Rangers who made the ultimate sacrifice for those who fought with them and would come after them. Thank you to the Rangers who continue to go in harms way to defend those who can't or won't defend themselves. Thank you to the Rangers who run this site and provide a place for us to come together online. I look forward to serving with such honorable people and pray that I can bring as much honor to the title Ranger as you have.

RLTW!
Now that's what I call a damn good opening post young stud!

Congratulations to you and your future in the Army as a U.S. Army Ranger!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Welcome.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Fuck me to tears. Now that's how it's done.

You are the man of the hour Munky. (What kind of a user name is that?)

Congratulations and welcome to the board. You belong here.

By the way. PM your Dad's name to me. We don't have many 1st Batters here and I just might know the man.

RLTW
Bell
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Damned fine intro, Ranger! Welcome to the site and thanks for serving with the best. Good luck to you at 1st Bat.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Hope I'm not pissing anyone off.This is my first post here.I'm S.Trainer a former RI 4RTB and LRS tm leader.RC#12-91.Congrats to the class-act that just joined the reg.Hello Ranger Bell,Ranger Steadfast.
Last edited by Kilted Heathen on January 2nd, 2005, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

welcome Munky...good to have more young Warriors here!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Munky
Inprocessing

Thank you...

Post by Munky »

... for such a warm welcome.

A quick note on my username: I've had it for about eight years now. A friend gave me the name because of my tendancy to play around with toys and gadgets until I figure out how they work. Sometimes it gets me in trouble -- like the time I set off a collision alarm in a sub trainer (emmmmbarassing!) -- but most of the time it doesn't and I walk away a little smarter.

Again, thank you for the welcome and I look forward to serving with you.

RLTW!
1/75
Charlie Co.
04 - Present
RIP class 01-05
PFC
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Brother's might I note here, the young stud not only has a good intro but also has one damn fine avatar... Who added that to the selection? Fucking awesome? Welcome!!!

Godspeed,
usaftacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Welcome young man and go fuck yourself. 8)
Ill pray for you.....NOT! 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Introduction Archive”