Introduction- Robert

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

RMike
Embryo

Introduction- Robert

Post by RMike »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Robert, I'm 22 years old, and have recently graduated from University this past May.

I'm currently interested in submitting a packet to OCS. I want to serve as an officer specifically in order to provide the enlisted personnel with the support that they deserve and I am willing to strive daily to meet that standard.

While I am focused on my immediate goal of simply being accepted to OCS, I aspire to branch either military intelligence, signal corps, or infantry and am interested in how/when an officer in those branches would go about serving in the Regiment.

If any of you Rangers could offer any advice, insight, or answers it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, self administered PT test scores were:
Push ups- 81
Sit ups- 86
Pull ups- 12
2 mile- 13:16

Thank you and I look forward to learning from you all.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction- Robert

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Robert.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
RMike
Embryo

Post by RMike »

Thank you Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RMike wrote:Hello Rangers,

My name is Robert, I'm 22 years old, and have recently graduated from University this past May.

I'm currently interested in submitting a packet to OCS. I want to serve as an officer specifically in order to provide the enlisted personnel with the support that they deserve and I am willing to strive daily to meet that standard.

While I am focused on my immediate goal of simply being accepted to OCS, I aspire to branch either military intelligence, signal corps, or infantry and am interested in how/when an officer in those branches would go about serving in the Regiment.

If any of you Rangers could offer any advice, insight, or answers it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, self administered PT test scores were:
Push ups- 81
Sit ups- 86
Pull ups- 12
2 mile- 13:16

Thank you and I look forward to learning from you all.
Robert, welcome. Read the FAQ ands use the search feature. Most of the questions you might have can be answered using these features. I see you have self-administered a PT test. That's a good start. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RMike
Embryo

Post by RMike »

Thank you Ranger Jim.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Robert, Centermass provided you with a very helpful link. Use it as a reference as you move forward. If you want to be an officer in the Ranger Regiment, please consider this option. Enlist as an Option 40 (choose your preferred MOS) and serve as a soldier in the Ranger Regiment for a year or so. Then apply for OCS. By that time you should have demonstrated your skills and probably attended Ranger School. OCS is only 12 weeks, and following commissioning you will attend branch qualification training. At that point you can consider yourself a viable candidate for assignment. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
RMike
Embryo

Post by RMike »

Ranger Jim, thank you very much for that advice, I will look into that route to Regiment as well.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RMike wrote:Ranger Jim, thank you very much for that advice, I will look into that route to Regiment as well.
One thing I should have mentioned earlier, if you ever expect to serve as an officer in the Ranger Regiment, the first thing you need to do Is earn your Ranger Tab.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
RMike
Embryo

Post by RMike »

Ranger Jim, understood and thank you again.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”