INTRODUCTION

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: INTRODUCTION

Post by belman1 »

Rangers,
It's been a while. I've been studying the Asvab, taking practice test and been working part time. I'm scheduled to take the Asvab and med on July 11th. One of my aquitance through church (**ADMIN EDIT**) xx x XXxx xxxxxxx out in Xxxxxxxx xxx xxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx. He told me the Ranger way is the only way. He says he loves it so much he reenlisted. He said don't let the recruiter sway you into being a tank mechanic or some boring shit.

**ADMIN NOTE** 1st and only warning.

Read this and don't let it happen again.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
You see, in this world there’s two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.”
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by belman1 »

Rangers,
I apologize and that will never happen again.
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
You see, in this world there’s two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.”
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

So, what is going on Austin? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Intro Austin

Post by belman1 »

Ranger Jim,
As of right now i am on my way to take the Asvab with my recruiter. Then I planned to take the med exam next week. I am very anxious. I will post my scores asap. Thanks. Never quit!
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by belman1 »

Rangers,
I just took Asvab and received an AFQT of 67 and GT 114. So I'm in the clear. So glad that was behind me.
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by belman1 »

Rangers,
I just took Asvab and received an AFQT of 67 and GT 114. So I'm in the clear. So glad that was behind me.
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by belman1 »

Rangers,
I text my recruiter and asked if any option 40s were available and he said "Can't access the jobs system been acting up. The only way I can find out is calling higher but can't call without applicant being present." So i don't know if he's bs me or not. So I will be going in today or tomorrow. So if i have to i will go in there every week.
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by belman1 »

Ranger Jim,
I was suppose to neet my recruiter last Friday and to call ROC. Well when I got there he wasn't there so his Sgt took over. So I proceed to ask her kindly if shed call for me and she said no. She then said "Youre chance of getting a Ranger contract now since youve graduated high school are slim to none. I've done enough for you by putting my neck out on the line for you to retake the Asvab. You either join up or stop screwing around. I don't have time for you. There's other out there who are qualify to join and leave right now." I said okay and as I'm leaving a different recruiter came to me and said come talk to me in my office. He then begins to explain to be how long he's been in, his storie, how things work around here, etc... He told me his impossible it was to get a opt 40 or even a opt 4 because the army is backed up and how I should just enlist asap as a vanilla 11x. Then When I get to my unit work my ass off and they'll send me to Rasp because I'm wasting my time waiting for something that's could not happen. I listen to him and then the SGT apparently called Roc which she said she can get in trouble for by the chain. Said there's no opt 40. And how if I dont believe her that her commander from West point and who is ranger tabbed can come and meet with me to tell me the same thing. I thank them for there time and left. I then called my buddy he told me to forget what they said and that they're liers and he will call the recruiting office where he came out of and get me straight. So that's where I'm at right now.
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
Obduro
Embryo

Post by Obduro »

belman1 wrote:Rangers,
I text my recruiter and asked if any option 40s were available and he said "Can't access the jobs system been acting up. The only way I can find out is calling higher but can't call without applicant being present." So i don't know if he's bs me or not. So I will be going in today or tomorrow. So if i have to i will go in there every week.
That's interesting. My recruiter was able to call without me being present.
Obduro
Embryo

Post by Obduro »

belman1 wrote:Ranger Jim,
I was suppose to neet my recruiter last Friday and to call ROC. Well when I got there he wasn't there so his Sgt took over. So I proceed to ask her kindly if shed call for me and she said no. She then said "Youre chance of getting a Ranger contract now since youve graduated high school are slim to none. I've done enough for you by putting my neck out on the line for you to retake the Asvab. You either join up or stop screwing around. I don't have time for you. There's other out there who are qualify to join and leave right now." I said okay and as I'm leaving a different recruiter came to me and said come talk to me in my office. He then begins to explain to be how long he's been in, his storie, how things work around here, etc... He told me his impossible it was to get a opt 40 or even a opt 4 because the army is backed up and how I should just enlist asap as a vanilla 11x. Then When I get to my unit work my ass off and they'll send me to Rasp because I'm wasting my time waiting for something that's could not happen. I listen to him and then the SGT apparently called Roc which she said she can get in trouble for by the chain. Said there's no opt 40. And how if I dont believe her that her commander from West point and who is ranger tabbed can come and meet with me to tell me the same thing. I thank them for there time and left. I then called my buddy he told me to forget what they said and that they're liers and he will call the recruiting office where he came out of and get me straight. So that's where I'm at right now.
If they refuse to work with you, find another recruiter. I originally worked with a local recruiter who wanted to push me through the system like cattle. I switched recruiters and I couldn't be more satisfied with the new recruiter I have. Option 40's may be hard to come by, but they are there. The fiscal year for the Army restarts in October, so all of the job slots will open up again. I'm going to work to secure an Option 40 at that time (or earlier if they can find one).
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by belman1 »

Rangers,
I met with a different recruiter who is a 1st SGT. Who say me down and wet through my packet. Then looked at system for May and 500 seats were open for 11x option 40. So he reserved it for me for next Monday. I do wear glasses so I need an eye exam with paperwork so i can show mep doctors and get a state id tommorow at DMV.
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

belman1 wrote:Rangers,
I met with a different recruiter who is a 1st SGT. Who say me down and wet through my packet. Then looked at system for May and 500 seats were open for 11x option 40. So he reserved it for me for next Monday. I do wear glasses so I need an eye exam with paperwork so i can show mep doctors and get a state id tommorow at DMV.
Excellent news, Austin! Ensure you have the correct paperwork. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by belman1 »

Ranger Jim,
Yesterday I got my id and got an eye exam and was told I was correctable to 20/20 no problem and a good candidate for lasik. So glad that's out the way. Now I'm just waiting for meps.
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
belman1
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by belman1 »

Rangers, i got my contract and ship out in may. I'm so glad i got this. Thanks.
11x opt. 40 Dep
Ship 20170515
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

belman1 wrote:Rangers, i got my contract and ship out in may. I'm so glad i got this. Thanks.
What MOS, and what is your ship date? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”