SITREP- Untilthelastbreath

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP- Untilthelastbreath

Post by Untilthelastbreath »

Good evening Rangers. I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that I reported to Airborne school today. We have the weekend off and take a PT test on Monday. I've met a few other NCOs that will be going to RASP to. Also one of my soldiers is here with me. He in a different platoon but we will link up at night to work out and study. Having one of my own soldiers here is pretty cool. We get to embrace the suck together and hopefully come out on the other end together. I'll post weekly sitreps during Airborne and try to post as much as I can during RASP. Thank you for all the help and insight along the way Rangers.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP- Untilthelastbreath

Post by Jim »

Well how is Ground Week? Feet and knees together.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Ranger Jim ground week was fun. Our class is about 250 students so out days are pretty quick. First exit out of the tower was pretty weak. I had that oh shit moment wondering if the harness actually worked haha. It worked. The rest of the week was learning to fall correctly. Definitely feet and knees together. Other then that it's been pretty chill here. We had a four day this weekend. So I've been relaxing throughout the day scouting the area then working out and running in the evenings. The Ranger liaison talked to us on Tuesday last week and we had about 40 or 50 people drop from him just asking who wants to quick. Unfortunately my soldier was amongst them. We talked before hand about it and he had to much holding him back and he wasn't focused so he dropped. It sucks but I'll keep driving on. We are headed into tower week this coming week. Our class doesn't get to do the 250ft towers since we only have a four day week. Either way I'm excited to get this portion over with and get the fun/hard part started. 10 weeks total left and I'll be graduating and donning the Tan beret that will change my life forever.
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Rangers another week done here at Airborne school. Tower week was a blast. The bad weather held off for the most part except today and yesterday. The company ahead of us still has 2 jumps to do. Hopefully they can get them done tomorrow so our first jump on Monday will go smoothly and we can graduate on time. One more week and we get picked up by the Ranger liaison. I'm more then ready for the PT test we have the Monday after we get there. I'll make a post after my first jump.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

How was jump week? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Ranger Jim jump week was a blast. The first jump was definitely scary but after that it was nothing. We didn't get to do our night jump because the weather was bad here. Jumping out of the plane is a indescribable feeling but well worth it. I'm currently in Pre-RASP for a couple of weeks and then we class up. I went tonight and printed off my bio for my Fallen Ranger. I'm doing it over MSG Wheeler. Once we start I will post weekly sitreps if I can. But for now it's just PT and studying all day.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Have you been issued your "blue book?" That will keep you busy for a while. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Well Rangers we have completed the first two weeks. The first week was what I expected. A lot of time hacks, bag dumps, and tons of extra PT. The dough boy run was at a really good pace. The ruck wasn't bad. My five mile time was 31:47. We started with 165 and finished the week with 138. Being around all the Rangers during the ruck was motivating, especially when we went up cardiac hill. They moved up it like it was nothing. I passed the standards test but unfortunately failed the history test. I'm really bad with dates but I've been studying and take the retest tomorrow. I'm more then ready to pass it this time. As far as Cole Range the suck factor is definitely still there. I'm not going to say much about it. I would t want to ruin the fun for future candidates. We went there 138 and came back with 100. Most of them were land nav failures. From talking to the recycles that are in the class and some of the guys that graduated, they said cadre threw everything they had at us and we're getting pissed because nobody was quitting. Week three we begin RFR and I'm excited to learn a very important skill within regiment. Other then that I definitely enjoy the environment here.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Great SITREP. Stay focused and take it one day at a time, hopefully the weather will be improving. Never, mever qit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Untilthelastbreath wrote: Being around all the Rangers during the ruck was motivating, especially when we went up cardiac hill.
Was that cardiac hill by the airfield ?
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Roger that Ranger Jim. The weather here hasn't been to bad other then the first night at Cole range. Georgia was put in a state of emergency because of it so we came back. We still stayed up late and did extra activities on Peden field. We were not allowed to sleep in our bunks. We all slept on the floor in the company classrooms.
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Yes it was Ranger IntelToad.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please let us know how RASP is progressing. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Untilthelastbreath
Future Soldier / Opt40

Rangers I am proud to say I will be graduating next Friday. All in all this course was what I expected it to be. It was challenging physically and mentally. I had my days where I woke up and wanted to quit but said no. To all future soldiers wanting to come through this course, it really is as easy as not quitting.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

When you graduate from RASP, please post a SITREP and let us know what unit you will be assigned to. The graduation speaker is an old friend CSM(R) Greenway. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Letters from School”