SITREP: Logan

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
canthinkofone
Embryo

SITREP: Logan

Post by canthinkofone »

Rangers and Mentee's, I graduated BCT at Ft. Leonard Wood on April 24th and my AIT was located here as well so I started AIT the following week. As an older guy (29) it's been quite an adjustment, to say the least. My advice during basic would be not to actively seek recognition, put your head down, work hard, help your battle buddies and if given leadership, give it your all and do it to the best of your ability, that's all the DS's look and ask for. PT isn't hard but put 110% effort and you will get something out of it. Before basic, make sure your push ups are performed correctly, I thought mine were and my first PT test I had only 37 correct PU's on my first test. Pathetic but a good wake up call.

We were lucky to have a DS who was an excellent runner and it helped me tremendously during basic if you struggle at running, put yourself with the fastest runners and stay with them no matter what. I started in the low 14's and finished my last PT test with a 12:25.

I'm now in week 7 of 18 in AIT. The NCO's are not what I had envisioned before I joined, not very good leaders and some have a hard time doing basic PT. Get used to it and learn how to deal with it. Learn from each one what you would want to do as a leader and what you wouldn't. As for me, I haven't lost sight in becoming a Ranger, in fact it's the one thing that motivates me to deal with a lot of bullshit. I do push ups and sit-ups throughout the day during class I push myself in class and PT. I'm looking to get permission to be able to PT with the Divers in my company.

I'm pushing for a 300PT (this weeks pt score 80pu, 72su and 13:03run 289) score which is extremely close. I'll achieve my goal before the end of AIT and then some.
Make goals and break them, then immediately make news ones to break those.

I head to Airborne in mid September and I don't have a date for RASP yet.
12Y OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20150209

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
rangerjd
Ranger

Re: SITREP: Logan

Post by rangerjd »

Great SITREP, keep your mind on the goal and never slack, no matter what everyone else is doing. Great to hear from Ft Leonard Wood, I spend 4 years there, 2 years as a Drill Sergeant at B-5-10 and then 2 years at the Sapper Leader Course blowing things up. Not a whole lot to do around there, however if you like to hunt and fish it's a great place to be stationed. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Great Sitrep, stay focused on your goal. Continue to work on your PT on your off time, it will pay off in the long run. Keep us updated when you can.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Keep up with your PT. Ensure you include pull-ups, you will need them in BAC. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”