Introduction

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction

Post by urum »

Goof afternoon Rangers,
My name is John and i am 17. I'm from Florida and a junior in high school. While i am only a junior i have taken the initiative to graduate early and to seek a 68W option 40. Unfortunately i sustained a minor foot injury that required out patient surgery. I was walking on my foot the same day and can return to my PT in about 3-4 weeks. Because of this i will be posting an APFT from about a month ago. As soon as i am medically able i will update my scores accordingly. Although i have only been on hear for a short amount of time, i have been overwhelmed with the vast amount of good information regarding every step of the process. I look up to and respect every ranger past and present and one day hope to join your elite ranks.

PU:52
SU:56
2 Mile: 17:01
68w Option 40
Ship Date: 20160906

"Five Mentees report here" Thread Member.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

urum wrote:Goof afternoon Rangers,
My name is John and i am 17. I'm from Florida and a junior in high school. While i am only a junior i have taken the initiative to graduate early and to seek a 68W option 40. Unfortunately i sustained a minor foot injury that required out patient surgery. I was walking on my foot the same day and can return to my PT in about 3-4 weeks. Because of this i will be posting an APFT from about a month ago. As soon as i am medically able i will update my scores accordingly. Although i have only been on hear for a short amount of time, i have been overwhelmed with the vast amount of good information regarding every step of the process. I look up to and respect every ranger past and present and one day hope to join your elite ranks.

PU:52
SU:56
2 Mile: 17:01
Welcome John, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Why do you want to be a Ranger Medic? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. In the future, add pull-ups to your workouts. Have you contacted a recruiter? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by urum »

Ranger Jim,
I aspire to be a Ranger medic because i simply want to be the best medical provider in the best unit in the world. I'm not concerned with medals, awards, or recognition(as some of my peers are) I just simply want to be there for the rangers i hope to serve with. I have read several threads regarding Ranger medics and the jobs they do. I have furthermore read "lest we forget" by Leo Jenkins and it only reinforced my decision to take this path. I started talking with a recruiter in December of last year. I made it clear to him i will not settle for anything other than a 68W option 40. From here on out i will include pull-ups in my workouts and my APFT.
sincerely,
John
68w Option 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Begin by locating a thread entitled: "68W Opt 40 Check In Here,"
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by urum »

Roger, Ranger Jim
68w Option 40

urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by urum »

Ranger Jim,
After much searching i was unable to find the specific thread under that name. It did however turn up quite a few threads that provided me with new information. Thank you.
-John
68w Option 40

rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site, John. To be a Ranger Medic is a great and admirable goal, but a long and hard one. IF you make you well be among the best. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by urum »

Roger,ranger JD
68w Option 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

urum wrote:Ranger Jim,
After much searching i was unable to find the specific thread under that name. It did however turn up quite a few threads that provided me with new information. Thank you.
-John
I just realized that thread is open to those who already have an approved 68W Option 40. In the meantime, keep checking the letters from school thread. Never,, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by urum »

Roger, Ranger Jim.
68w Option 40

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome. It may just be your age showing in the way that you're posting, but if you're looking at being a Ranger you'll need to grow up quickly. Very quickly.

Start using proper capitalization when you post. This isn't FB or texting with your friends, and I doubt you'd turn in reports at school looking like your posts' do here. We have standards for you means to meet. Just remember, everything you do or say here from here on out will be watched closely. Everything is a test.

Always capitilize Ranger. We'll see if you can follow simple instructions.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by urum »

Roger, Ranger Cams.
68w Option 40

urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by urum »

Rangers,
I have worked diligently with my parents over the past few months on getting them to sign with me to enlist. As i stated earlier i actively seek a 68w option40. The problem i'm finding is in the scarcity of said contract. With me in the position to graduate 6 months ahead of schedule i would love to get a head start and be ready to leave by February. My birthday is a considerable amount of time past when the fiscal year starts and that time is when i believe i have the best chance of getting the contract i want. My question is if any Rangers or any other members on this site have any advice or guidance on achieving what i want considering my parents. On a side note, i have begun to memorize the Ranger Creed and live it. I will do whatever it takes to Be a Ranger, even if it means waiting, but as i said i would like to speed things along as much as possible. Any insight of advice would be greatly appreciated.
-John
68w Option 40

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

urum wrote:Rangers,
I have worked diligently with my parents over the past few months on getting them to sign with me to enlist. As i stated earlier i actively seek a 68w option40. The problem i'm finding is in the scarcity of said contract. With me in the position to graduate 6 months ahead of schedule i would love to get a head start and be ready to leave by February. My birthday is a considerable amount of time past whhen the fiscal year starts and that time is when i believe i have the best chance of getting the contract i want. My question is if any Rangers or any other members on this site have any advice or guidance on achieving what i want considering my parents. On a side note, i have begun to memorize the Ranger Creed and live it. I will do whatever it takes to Be a Ranger, even if it means waiting, but as i said i would like to speed things along as much as possible. Any insight of advice would be greatly appreciated.
-John
You must be very lazy urum - & you do not take us serious when we say [you] "should pay attention to detail".
The first person (grammar in the above post) the word "I" you failed to capitalize (I counted) eleven times. Ranger cams told you about capitalization and you acknowledged him only to ignore what you were told.
Perhaps we should label you untrainable and just ban you. You are a guest on this site & you are expected to follow our basic rules of grammar - dang it - you are in high school.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
urum
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by urum »

Roger, Ranger Steadfast
My apologies. Knocking out 50x2 for the error. WILL NOT happen again.
-John
68w Option 40

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”