Charlie sitreps

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Charlie sitreps

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger Jim. I stayed out of trouble over leave, and I do not plan to sabotage my opportunity to attend RASP in any way.
I started Airborne School today, and I should be in the February 8th RASP class, but it is possible that I may get bumped back to the class starting in March.
11B
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Feet and knees together. How is BAC going? Work hard and never, never quit, Charlie!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger Jim.
I currently have 4 jumps, and the 5th jump will occur when it stops raining in Fort Benning and Fryar Drop Zone is deemed 'safe', which should be on Monday. Should everything go as planned, I will be at Pre-Rasp on Tuesday, slated to attend the February 8th RASP class.
11B
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

All sounds good, keep driving on !
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

By now, BAC should be behind you. Please let us know how pre-RASP is treating you.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger IntelToad and Ranger Jim. I graduated Airborne School last monday.
Pre RASP, for me has been fairly productive. I spend all of my time doing calisthenics in the gravel and studying, as well as running early on in the evening every day. I have also worked on the obstacle course whenever I have had the chance, and it should not be an issue for me when I get slotted in a class. I have everything on the packing list compiled into one bag, ready to be dumped at will. The class that was supposed to start on the 8th is supposedly getting bumped back to the 16th, so I will likely be starting RASP then. I am ready for the upcoming challenge; I will not quit, and I will work my absolute hardest to be the best that I can possibly be, not irritate any of my peers, and not stand out in a negative way.
11B
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Last week I developed strep throat and neglected to get it treated out of the possibility that it would get me dropped from RASP. 2 days ago, when I took the pre-rasp apft, I struggled to run a 14:30 2 miler, in contrast to the sub 11:30s that I have ran up until that point. I went to sick call the day after, and I was told that it is likely that I have rheumatic fever, and that I would be put on a 9 day quarters profile until I recover. Should I not get dropped for being on a 9 day profile, I will be classing up sometime in April. I'm not going to voluntarily withdrawal under any circumstances.
Last edited by IvoryCharlie on February 13th, 2016, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11B
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

IvoryCharlie wrote:Last week I developed strep throat and neglected to get it treated out of the possibility that it would get me dropped from RASP. 2 days ago, when I took the pre-rasp apft, I struggled to run a 14:30 2 miler, in contrast to the sub 11:30s that I have ran up until that point. I went to sick call the day after, and I was told that it is likely that I have rheumatic fever, and that I would be put on a 9 day quarters profile until I recover. Should I not get dropped for being on a 9 day profile, I will be classing up sometime in April. I'm not going to voluntarily withdrawal under any corcumstances.
Wow,rheumatic fever is nothing to screw around with. It can cause heart damage.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IvoryCharlie wrote:Last week I developed strep throat and neglected to get it treated out of the possibility that it would get me dropped from RASP. 2 days ago, when I took the pre-rasp apft, I struggled to run a 14:30 2 miler, in contrast to the sub 11:30s that I have ran up until that point. I went to sick call the day after, and I was told that it is likely that I have rheumatic fever, and that I would be put on a 9 day quarters profile until I recover. Should I not get dropped for being on a 9 day profile, I will be classing up sometime in April. I'm not going to voluntarily withdrawal under any circumstances.
Take the time to heal. RASP will still be there when you are fully recovered.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger Jim and Ranger IntelToad. I am fully healed and ready to begin RASP 1 on Tuesday. I maxed out the APFT,and I was the 12th fastest runner out of the 180 who took the test. I know what lies ahead of me will be difficult, but this challenge is something that I am looking forward to. I will not quit, and I will accomplish my goal of becoming a Ranger Infantryman.
11B
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IvoryCharlie wrote:Roger, Ranger Jim and Ranger IntelToad. I am fully healed and ready to begin RASP 1 on Tuesday. I maxed out the APFT,and I was the 12th fastest runner out of the 180 who took the test. I know what lies ahead of me will be difficult, but this challenge is something that I am looking forward to. I will not quit, and I will accomplish my goal of becoming a Ranger Infantryman.
How was the first week of RASP? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re4: Charlie sitreps

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Ranger Jim, I was certainly prepared for the first week. I did well on every event, but I failed the standards test by one question. I retook the test, with a counseling, and scored a 100.
This week I made it through Cole Range, and I've never felt more assured as to the path that I have chosen being the best one for me. Cole Range was absolutely the most interesting time of my life, and it motivated the hell out of me. Not many people quit, due to the majority of people in the class that I am in having spent 6+ weeks in pre-rasp , but quite a few failed Land Nav and got injured. It was fun yet miserable in a way that I can't quite put my finger on. Seeing the weak wither, and the strong prosper, Cole Range, I think, brought out the best in me, during the most difficult experience that I have ever encountered. I may have strained my hip, but that is to be expected from all the ruck running we've been doing. I will never quit.
11B
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Good sitrep, keep working hard and stay focused. Don't get cocky, people still get dropped on the last day before graduation. You're almost there, keep fighting forward smartly.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger Cams.
11B
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Great SITREP, stay focused on the task at hand, remember why you're there and give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

Return to “Letters from School”