Introduction: Ryan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Patriot
Inprocessing

Introduction: Ryan

Post by Patriot »

Hi guys i came across this site last night and found a lot of useful and good information and i think it can help me a lot. I just swore into the US Army as a DEP last week and secured an 11x Option 40 contract. I have wanted to be a Ranger all of my life. I have not conducted a full PT test i have been doing a lot of individual training. I cut my 5 mile time to a 45 min but i know it needs great improvement. Im shooting for a 300 pt score and have been training for hours on end every day to get there, my ship date is 20150728. I can do about 50 perfect good form pushups in 40 seconds but i need to do a whole pt test with the 2 minute pushup and situps i will post that by the end of the week. I have started the 12 week rasp training program today just to get into great shape and will probably do it for 18 weeks. I played football all of high school and lift and swim every day on top of the rasp workout. Im looking forward to everyones advice and will do whatever it takes to get to the regiment because quitting has never been and will never be an option.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction: Ryan

Post by cams »

Welcome and congratulations on securing an Opt40 contract, you have a long road ahead of you.

For starters go read the Rules and Regs of the site before posting again, we are not "hey guys".

We require that you use proper grammar, English, sentence and paragraph structure when posting here.

Go back and re-type your Intro, this time use the Shift key, some attention to detail and make it legible. This is your first introduction to Rangers, who you came seeking advice from, why would you make your initial post look like it was typed by a child? Think of this as a job interview, first impressions are important young man.

Square that away and others will be along shortly to address you. Your responses will tell me if you can follow simple instructions.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Patriot
Inprocessing

Post by Patriot »

I apologize for my informality in my original introduction I am not quite familiar with forums at this moment. I recently swore in as a DEP with an option 40 and came to this site to seek advice.
I have not yet conducted a full PT test, as I do the events individually. I began the RASP preparation program and swim daily and lift as well. My ship date is 20150728.
1/75
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Did you use your name as a user name?
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Patriot
Inprocessing

Post by Patriot »

Yes Ranger rangertough, i am not very familiar with computers and can not seem to find the rules i have been told to read. The only rules i found were labeled "Army Ranger Site Rules" and could not find anything in there about the different online name. I am not sure how to change my name on here or if i can. I apologize.
1/75
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

We'll get you square. The concern is that IF you make it to the Regiment, you're already violating PERSEC.

I'm locking this thread until this gets fixed.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ryan, I've sent you a PM, follow my instruction & send me a PM ASAP.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”