Introduction: Ryan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

ragingryan
Egg

Introduction: Ryan

Post by ragingryan »

Hello Everyone. My name Is Ryan I'm 19 and just graduated Highschool, I live in Alabama and was originally from Florida. I wanted To join the MIlitary for a long time and was very close to joining the Marine Corps because I thought they were the most "badass" branch. After more time and research I find out the Army would be the best choice for me because of the variety of specialized schools more readily available to me.
I was interested in becoming a Paratrooper, but I realised I should make myself the best soldier I can be and become a Ranger when I saw the difference between me and other dep-ers way of thinking, alertness, and motivation. I felt a more elite group of sharp thinking infantrymen would suit me best.
I have an 11x Option 40 contract with a ship date of 20141230.

Two weeks left in the civilian world and I have been coming to this site for almost a month now, reading the forums and sitreps of various people. Im ready to embrace the suck and not quit, not only so I can earn my scroll and Beret, but for the Rangers throughout history that have endured through the true hardships in war and didnt quit.

The last APFt score I tested a 275. I average around 75 pushups 70 situps, a 14:00 mile and 8 pullups.
I plan on working extremely hard for my goal during OSUT and BAC, working out in freetimes and always giving my best, and then some. I plan on living the Ranger Creed throughout my Enlistment regardless of its outcome. Thanks for reading everyone.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Introduction: Ryan

Post by centermass »

After reading your introduction, a few observations.

First off, right now, you are a nobody, a nothing. Sound harsh? Well, that's it in a nutshell. And as such, I would caution against dismissing any one service or a member of it. Even if by some chance, you make the grade, show some respect.

Next, you've got an awfully short time span between now and the date you ship. I certainly hope you've done your homework and put in the effort needed ahead of time in order not to be behind the power curve.

The onus is now on you to make the most of what has become not only one the hardest recruiting options there is to obtain, but the end outcome of donning that beret as well, letting the rest of the world know that slot was not wasted on you.

Welcome to the site.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
ragingryan
Egg

Post by ragingryan »

I understand and not harsh at all. I didn't mean to bash anyone or any branch of service. Im sure there is a lot of different types of people In every branch and unit. Some being total dirtbags and others very intellectual and creative thinkers. My point was that from what I understand, the average Ranger is a cutabove your average Army Infantrymen. I do not plan on wasting this contract.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome to the site Ryan. The path that you have taken is one of the hardest paths you can take, not only physically, but mentally as well. I've seen a lot of physically capable men fail because their mind was not in the right spot, they didn't want it bad enough. You need to focus everything you've got into this one goal, becoming a Ranger. It will test you and try you, and your body will reach it's limit, it is then that your mind must take over and push on even though it seems like you can't. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”