SITREP-Ark

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP-Ark

Post by Jim »

Ark wrote:Roger, Rangertough and Ranger Cams. I hope he goes AWOL personally..
With any luck, he will not return from Christmas Exodus. Keep pushing Ark. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Well all I can say is keep your eyes on your lane, and keep from getting any of that pogue's dirt on you.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

Ranger Jim, one hundred percent and then some.

Roger, RangerX

Rangers, my next SITREP will be after graduation. Thank you for all of your advice
68W OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20141118

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

BCT complete. SITREP soon to follow.
68W OPT 40

Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

SITREP

Rangers, I'm currently at Ft Sam Houston receiving the typical death by power point in processing. We were actually picked up by our company a week early do things have been slow and often confusing due to the Cadre not having any time to prepare for us as we did literally arrive a day or the same the previous class graduated. DreR has also linked up with me and has given me useful information. Now, onto things I've learned and will continue to learn over and over again. Women are insane and aren't worth fucking with. ..Other mentees don't do it. You'll just be confused about whether or not your depressed and then you'll start fucking up on your current mission which should be graduation of the highest wherever you are. I would also like to mention for those who may have a winter BCT coming this year especially if it's at Sill or Leonard wood to just accept the fact that you're going to be freezing cold a lot of the time and that letting your DS know you have frost bite doesn't make you a pussy (if you have basically no capillary refill and it hurts to check it..well, you get it.) out of four opt.40 soldiers 3 of us graduated and out of my battery we lost about 19 out of around 220. Quiting is for the mediocre.

Rangers, I'll post another SITREP a few weeks into class. Thank you for your guidance so far .
68W OPT 40

gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

19 people didn't make it through basic training?!
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

gRavepc wrote:19 people didn't make it through basic training?!
We had 8 from my OSUT platoon. That was in '92 when entrance standards were higher than they are now and the Army was in the process of booting 750k people out. The Army is doing another RiF so that maybe why.

To add: This is not a "Back when it was hard" story.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

Ranger gRavepc, we had a female quit day 0, but we lost the most after HBL where we had people come back and test positive for Marijuana and cocaine as well as two pregnancies. Others just decided they didn't like being cold. Oh, and one of my battle buddies was kicked out for being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Standards at BCT are very low and I know many "soldiers" who shouldn't have graduated. Whether it was the DS shooting their targets for them on the range, failing ruck marches, or missing FTXs. I would feel comfident deploying with maybe two of the soldiers out of my entire battery.
Last edited by Ark on February 27th, 2015, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68W OPT 40

gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Ark wrote:Ranger gRavenpc, we had a female quit day 0, but we lost the most after HBL where we had people come back and test positive for Marijuana and cocaine as well as two pregnancies. Others just decided they didn't like being cold. Oh, and one of my battle buddies was kicked out for being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Standards at BCT are very low and I know many "soldiers" who shouldn't have graduated. Whether it was the DS shooting their targets for them on the range, failing ruck marches, or missing FTXs. I would feel comfident deploying with maybe two of the soldiers out of my entire battery.
What the fuck...
The standards will be shit before you arrive at the compound, don't let these turds rub off on you because it'll get you ruined in PRE-RASP / RASP.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Ark wrote:Ranger gRavenpc, we had a female quit day 0, but we lost the most after HBL where we had people come back and test positive for Marijuana and cocaine as well as two pregnancies. Others just decided they didn't like being cold. Oh, and one of my battle buddies was kicked out for being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Standards at BCT are very low and I know many "soldiers" who shouldn't have graduated. Whether it was the DS shooting their targets for them on the range, failing ruck marches, or missing FTXs. I would feel comfident deploying with maybe two of the soldiers out of my entire battery.
I was a Drill Sergeant on Ft Leonard Wood, granted that was back in the 80s, but I don't understand how a Drill Sergeant was shooting a trainees targets during Qualification. Where's the range cadre and the other Drills when this was happening? Where's the standards?
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Ark wrote: Whether it was the DS shooting their targets for them on the range
SAY WHAT?????
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

Roger, Ranger gRavepc.

Rangerjd, the Range Cadre were in the tower with the XO, and the DS Told us that no one ever fails marksman ship. As for how they shot them? It was near the end of the day and we had to burn out the rest of the ammo.
Last edited by Ark on February 27th, 2015, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68W OPT 40

Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

Ranger Lefty, it's the sad truth..
68W OPT 40

gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Not sure why you keep calling me "gravenpc", its just Gravepc. Don't lose that attention to detail, its very important to the Ranger medic. Missing something small on a multi-system trauma patient can be the difference between life and death for that casualty.
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

Roger Ranger gRavepc, corrections made and dually noted.
68W OPT 40

Return to “Letters from School”