Introduction: Chris

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

NYChris1
Embryo

Introduction: Chris

Post by NYChris1 »

My name is Chris. I am a 17 year old high school senior from New York. I have always been interested in the military, and reading about the Rangers has sparked my interest. I joined this website to try and join the ranks of the best.

I have always been the "fat kid" until recently. I joined the wrestling team and a gym. My PT scores are very low, but they have been improving steadily for the past 3 months. I have decided to put off joining the military until after college. This should give me time to get in much better shape, as well as mature. I hope that this website will give me a change at joining the elite Rangers.

-Chris
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Chris

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Chris. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Tell us more about yourself: Where do you live in NY and where do you plan to go to school? Why do you want to be a Ranger? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT test and publish the results on this thread within 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Chris!

PM Inbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
NYChris1
Embryo

Post by NYChris1 »

Ranger Jim,

I currently live a bit north of New York City (this will change soon because of college). I'm not sure where I'm going to college, but there are multiple schools I'm applying to. They are very spread out across the country. (All large universities.)

I think I want to be a Ranger for two reasons. First, I have always wanted to be more then just the average grunt. As a younger kid I was mesmerized by the SEALs, but when I became more serious about joining the military, I discovered the Rangers. Ever since then I have been wanting to be a Ranger, and be part of the elite. I don't think the fraternity and brotherhood the Rangers offer can be found anywhere else, and I want to be a part of it. Second reason is much different. I was always bullied as a kid, and being short and fat never helped. I have done Martial Arts my entire life, and one day I met a guy at the dojo. Retired Navy EOD, deployed with SEALs, and fought in the first Gulf War. He really made me think of myself. He was bullied as a kid, not that big of a guy (I'm a bit bigger than him now though), and tough as nails. He was a lot like me at that age, and it gave me hope. I have no brother, and I was going through a rough patch with my dad, so this man became hero. I was still being bullied at this point (around the 10th grade), but whenever I was with him I was always inspired. I told kids in my school that I wanted to be a Ranger, but they all just laughed and said I would quit during basic training, that I could never do it. This led me to where I am today. The years of relentless bullying I received made me mad. I had to prove everyone wrong, I have to not let them be right. But it dawned on me, "Why do I care? They won't even think about me once we go to college." I realized then that the bullying did leave a mark on me, it destroyed my confidence, and that made me want to be a Ranger even more, to show myself I can do it. I think I have to prove to myself that I can do it, and that everyone was wrong. It may be a bit of a bad reason, but it always drives me whenever I need a bit of inspiration.

Sorry for the long wall of text, Rangers.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Chris.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Chris, you may not have a brother now, but if you become a Ranger, you will have thousands of brothers. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
NYChris1
Embryo

Post by NYChris1 »

Rangers,

I preformed my first PT test. Here are the scores
2 mile run: 17:00
Push-ups: 43 in 2 minutes
Sit ups: 49 in 2 minutes
4 pull ups.

Obviously these scores are not good, and I'd expect them to be leaps and bounds below what most people coming to this site start out with. They are much better than they where 2 months ago, and I expect them to be much better in the next 2 months (wrestling season starts so that will help).

I've also been accepted into a college with a ROTC program.
-Chris
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

NYChris1 wrote: I preformed my first PT test. Here are the scores
2 mile run: 17:00
Push-ups: 43 in 2 minutes
Sit ups: 49 in 2 minutes
4 pull ups.

I've also been accepted into a college with a ROTC program.
First, you now have established a PT baseline to build on. Begin checking yourself every two weeks or so to measure improvement. Second, where were you accepted for school?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
NYChris1
Embryo

Post by NYChris1 »

Ranger Jim,
I was accepted at the University of Alabama.
-Chris
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

NYChris1 wrote:Ranger Jim,
I was accepted at the University of Alabama.
-Chris
I think there is a Ranger around here who will be ever so happy to find out your true identity soon.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
NYChris1
Embryo

Post by NYChris1 »

Rangers Jim and IEDmagnet,
I'm excited to meet whomever it is that likes Alabama. The school is great, and there is a good chance I will go there.
-Chris
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

I appreciate the honor... but Veteran, Airborne, or SSG will work. I'm not a Ranger. Attention to detail High Speed.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
NYChris1
Embryo

Post by NYChris1 »

My mistake SSG, it won't happen again.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

He has not been back since 11 Oct 2014.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
NYChris1
Embryo

Post by NYChris1 »

Rangers,
Sorry I have been gone for so long. I have been hitting the gym, wrestling, and am currently in the middle of the college application process.

PT Scores:
2 Mile Run: 16:45
Push-Ups: 50 in 2 minutes
Sit-Ups: 53 in 2 minutes.
5 pull ups.

My scores are slowly increasing, I am also much stronger for this wrestling season. I have not received any more news on college acceptances, but I will keep you updated.

-Chris

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”