Intro - Jacob

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jacob1245
Embryo

Intro - Jacob

Post by Jacob1245 »

Hello Rangers and non Rangers,

I am very happy I found this site. I know I'm still young but I know this is the route I want and intend on taking. I am 16 years old and am from Florida. I am 130 (lil skinny guy)& Im 5'10. I currently run Track and am rank 6 in florida for the Mile event. (Working for rank 1) I have been aspiring to be a Ranger since I was 7. I have always wanted a Sniper/Coms MoS and have been working on my marksmanship and stalking skills (Id love to talk to a Ranger Sniper on here) here are my PT scores (my upper body is pretty weak) Push ups 52 Sit ups 57 Pull ups 7 Mile run 4:36 Two Mile Run 10:32 I'm unsure what 11x means other than its an enlistment option that I heard aspiring Rangers choose. Can some one clarify what that is for me and provide me tips and helpful info on whats on store for RASP? Thank you to all who have served. You truly are my Heros.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro - Jacob

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Jacob. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing OK. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You have established your PT baseline and you seen to understand what you need to do to improve. You may find the link helpful. Never, never quit!

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jacob1245
Embryo

Post by Jacob1245 »

Thank you Ranger Jim. Will do!
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Post less crap about "Ghost" Units. In fact don't get in the habit of posting in the Mosh Pit unless you are directed to.

To specifically address your "Ghost" Post. If you suspect we can't say anything about a super secret unit, why would you ask in the first place? Engage brain before engaging mouth or fingers.

This is not your home. You are a guest here.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jacob1245
Embryo

Post by Jacob1245 »

Copy that Ranger Rangertough! Knocking out 50 for my mistake!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jacob1245 wrote:Copy that Ranger Rangertough! Knocking out 50 for my mistake!
You are not on FaceBook anymore.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jacob1245
Embryo

Post by Jacob1245 »

As I'm begining to see Ranger Jim! But I'm glad I found this website. It's provided many tips and helpful insight! Im hoping to find a mentor near me!
Jacob1245
Embryo

Post by Jacob1245 »

Currently in Centerhill/Bushnell (Sumter County) But am going to spend a lot of time in daytona this summer.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Jacob1245 wrote:Currently in Centerhill/Bushnell (Sumter County) But am going to spend a lot of time in daytona this summer.
Who are you talking to here? Your buddy? Pal? Some MF'r off the street corner?

2 sets of 25-elevated push ups for lack of attention to detail. You said you needed to work on upper body strength. Your'e welcome. Go.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jacob1245
Embryo

Post by Jacob1245 »

Copy that Ranger Cams! Thank you for the workout.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Jacob1245 wrote:Copy that Ranger Cams! Thank you for the workout.
Lay off the exclamation points , you sound like a girl on FB. We all understand you're excited to get started, we've been there too. Step back, take a breath and be cool about it bud, always cool, don't run around like a fucking halfwit smiling at everybody and running your blowhole.

Stop trying to sound all tactical, you don't know what the hell you're doing yet.

Thank RANGER Affirm, not me, you may have just blown a chance at having him set up a mentor for you in that area by failing to follow simple instructions.

Post less, learn more quicklier. Answer when spoken too. Watch and listen when not.

Beat your face if that's too confusing for you.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jacob1245
Embryo

Post by Jacob1245 »

Yes sir, Ranger Cams. II'll think more before I post and hardley post at all. Thank you Ranger Affirm for even responding to my introduction.
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome Jacob1245.

PM inbound.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jacob1245
Embryo

Post by Jacob1245 »

Thank you Bronck for giving me the correct way to address Rangers on this site. Please excuse my "yes sir" remark and replace it with Roger, Ranger Cams.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”