2nd Ranger BN

News of interest to those in the Ranger and Special Operations Community. News is generated and placed here from the front page of ArmyRanger.com

Moderator: Site Admin

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

2nd Ranger BN

Post by centermass »

Dear Families, Friends, Veterans and Rangers of the mighty 2D Ranger Battalion,

As many of you know our great Battalion is back forward in Afghanistan executing our 17th combat deployment since September 11, 2001. It’s hard for me to believe, since it seems so long ago….but also just yesterday. It is, without question, a humbling experience, for me personally, to recall and remember all the amazingly GREAT Men that have gone forward throughout these 17 combat rotations, and have given so much for each other….and it’s equally as humbling to think about our families that have endured the stress and anxiety of these operations for so many years. Despite the length of this war, the amount of separation and the dangers inherent to our Ranger way of life, there is absolutely NO other place I would rather be, than with the greatest Men our country can produce, your sons, husbands, brothers, and friends. My heartfelt thanks to you for MAKING THEM, RAISING THEM, LOVING THEM, and SUPPORTING THEM throughout! As I have said before, we can teach and train them on the profession of arms, but the things that make them great are the things that have been taught well before they arrived to 2/75.

Our Rangers have arrived safely and have wasted NO time in figuring out the new environment and getting after the enemy in order to help the people of Afghanistan pull off a pretty amazing National Election. I was incredibly proud to watch 7 million Afghans vote, and just as proud to watch Afghan Security Forces beat back enemy attempts to discredit the elections and intimidate the population. Your Rangers over 17 deployments have created the conditions to allow this to happen; from fighting the difficult battles, to pursuing enemy networks, to training and instilling confidence in a budding Afghan security force, Rangers have led the way….and still do to this very day.

Our role has appropriately changed over time. Afghanistan is still a dangerous place, but MUCH better than I can ever remember over the years. Afghan security forces are fighting and holding their ground and in most cases are winning. We are here to ensure their gains take hold, and to assist them on the more advanced aspects of operations that they still require assistance with. It is where we are at with this Campaign, and as someone who remembers the earlier years, it is a good place to be.

While our mission and tasks have evolved and changed…our Rangers have not. They are still the greatest teammates, comrades, and buddies anyone could hope to know. Their energy, fearlessness, focus, and desire to serve others is as strong as ever…..and it is pretty cool to see some of this magic rub off on their Afghan buddies. Rest assured, we will see this through, perform our duties and missions to the only standard we know, and do what is asked of us to the best of our abilities.

Thank you again for your steadfast support and commitment to this National Treasure we call OUR <2> Ranger Battalion.

Humbly yours,

Colonel G A, Cmdr
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: 2nd Ranger BN

Post by Slowpoke »

VERY COOL Brother. Thanks for posting that!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

May God bless them, one and all. Fills my heart with admiration, and makes me long for my youth.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Outstanding . . .Thanks for posting.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

These are the real BadAsses!

May God keep them safe.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

For those of us who have been around a long time, more than seventeen deployments is amazing! You young Rangers really rock!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Jim wrote:For those of us who have been around a long time, more than seventeen deployments is amazing! You young Rangers really rock!

Amen to that..May GRITS watch over each and every one of them.
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.

Return to “Ranger, SOF and Military News”