Introduction-Chad

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

woody
Ranger

Introduction-Chad

Post by woody »

Hello Rangers, my name is Chad, I'm 27 years old, and have recently swore in for my 11x opt. 40 contract. I ship out 20140527 and I've only recently stumbled onto this site and am relieved to have found a group as reputable and motivating as you all that I can interact with and learn more about what lies ahead in my future. I plan on keeping up with the site throughout my entire journey.
APFT
Push-up: 91
Sit-up: 80
2 Mile: 14:29
Pull-up: 13
A co. 1/75
Ranger School Class 10-15
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Chad

Post by Jim »

Chad, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far you leave a lot to desire. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Your PT score is a baseline to build on. Please tell us where you are from and why you want to be a Ranger. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

Roger Ranger Jim. I'm from north Florida (St. Augustine area) and I've been interested with the Rangers since I can remember. All of the males in my family were Army. My father was a pilot as well so growing up I was surrounded by military personnel and aircraft quite a bit; whether it was airshows, fellow soldiers, or his buddies. I knew I wanted to serve one day and I wanted to be a part of something unique. A group that not everyone could be a part of. It was at an airshow in Lakeland called Sun 'n Fun that we were at that I got to talk to a Ranger when I was probably 10. The things he told me were what interested me in the Rangers. He gave me a Ranger patch that I still have to this day. When I was a sophomore in high school my father had an accident on a camping trip and ended up drowning. It affected my mother to the point that she couldn't handle the idea of me joining the military. So I stayed and went to college for a while, nearly finishing. I ended up landing a job making really good money, getting caught up in everyday life, and I blink my eyes and I'm 27 now. So that's my story. I'm just picking up where I left off years ago.
A co. 1/75
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

woody

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome woody.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, woody.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, woody.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome Woody. Your run time sucks but I see you have plenty of time to improve it, but don't delay! As you know, time can slip by quickly.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
woody
Ranger

Post by woody »

Roger Ranger Slowpoke. My run times are definitely lacking. Time is flying by and I'm steadily addressing it.
A co. 1/75

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”